Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Pumpkin Mead and Honey Cakes

Of all the foodie Weenies treats this year, Pumpkin Mead and Honey Cakes had so much heart behind it, I had to skintest it, and I kept huffing my wrist all Lunacy and ended up going home with a bottle of it. What is this magic, you ask? It's a scent to come home to, a warm and comforting snack and drink by the fire, subtly pumpkin, subtly honey, barely boozy, barely sugary. Everything is in harmony; nothing is out of step; and all is right with the world when you're partaking with a loved one. I get the same feeling from Halfling, actually. It's the same cozy, yeasty, subtly sweet aroma of yummy baked things lingering in the air. Somewhere where you know you're home.

There is sort of double honey in this blend from the mead and the cakes, but it is all rounded and glowing rather than sharp and sticky. It's like taking a step back in time. Inhaling, I can picture a medieval feast-hall at night in the middle of autumn, when mead is flowing freely (last year's vintage?) and cakes are passed around after dinner. I will take some for now and some for later. Good thing the scent lingers nicely for hours!

Foodie lovers, this one's a keeper.

Honey, cake, whiff of booze and smoke. This one is cozy, oozy honey. It's cozy and comforting, and also sort of smells like honey cake. Ugh, I feel like I slathered myself in honey. And then sprinkled myself with vanilla cake. Good wear length, low throw.

Why more people aren't into this, I have no idea. I am going to go and pretend to be the best honey cake in the world.