Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Les Heures de la Nuit

Oh god, I didn't expect to love this but I do. It's like a black currant perfume, with whiffs of cognac and yes, it sparkles. Actually, this sort of reminds me to a french martini. That sort of dark purple fruit, the whiff of bubbly liqour, and the sophistication. UNF.  Good throw and wear length.

Definitely on my to buy list.

This is such a weird, wonderful scent. Sniffing my wrist up close there was something almost bitter about it and I thought I’d have to sell my decant. But I kept getting whiffs of something lovely. But no, close up it’s off-putting... but from a bit of distance it’s lovely. WTAF here?

So I’ve decided I’m buying a bottle and I just won’t smell it up close. I mean, who does that, right? *looks around at everyone else here who also does that* LOL

Anyway: Yes, there is something sparkling and a bit dainty about this. Very sophisticated. No overt identifiable notes but rather an ethereal blend.

And the test patch lasted through a shower, so dang.

in the bottle: huh? lime? what is that?

on the wrist: yuck, lime and musk. Not fresh lime juice, but fake lime. Lime cologne. Like a bad lime fougere. Where’s my sparkly stuff? 😭

The blackcurrant & lime combine to remind me of a bright, fresh plum note. Pretty but too bright for me. I like my fruit notes a bit deeper. 

This is a very tart and bright scent that reminds me of a sparkly, fruity cocktail, thrown over some over white musk. Good throw, good lasting power even for the lime note, and doesn't change much as it dries.

The blackcurrant is delicious and is brightened by the tart lime and the sparkling note tickles your nose. 

I really enjoy this but it stays so close to my skin. I’ll try it in my clocket to see if I can amp it up a bit. 

Completely agree with SoupyTwist up there! The fake lime destroyed everything :-( I get a little of the blackcurrent musk, which also smells fake-bright to me and is completely overpowered by that lime anyway, and none of the sparkling white cognac. 

I think lime hates me, Whitechapel and Schroedinger's cat both turned lemon car perfume on me. 

The overall scent of this one is that of a very cheap body soap. Yuck yuckity yuck.  

In the decant, this is absolutely sparkling and bubbly. I get a very tart lime and blackcurrant. On the skin, the lime definitely steals the show. It's very bright and clean. It edges on a soap/shampoo scent, but never quite crosses that line for me. It's a strangely sophisticated scent, especially once the lime calms down a bit.

This is very light and bright and sparkling on me! If it were a color, I'd say a fizzy pale violet - the blackcurrant is there, but lightened and lifted up by the white cognac! The lime is tart and helps brighten it even more.