Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Cozy Pumpkin Sweater

I immediately slathered in this. The lab has truly nailed that cozy sweater effect, just like with Two Sheep and Two Goats from last year, but this time sweeter and without any tang of vetiver, although I swear there is the most delicate vetiver ever in here lending woolly fluff. I could be dead wrong, it may well be a very cozy sandalwood or other snuggly wood.

In the skin-slather, I get a lot of vanilla, lots of fuzzy wool, and not much of the specific combo I associate with "pumpkin spice" -  but there is definitely spice in there,  with orange more a scent color than a literal citrus note. Almost like a mulled pumpkin-orange licqueur with warm autumn spices, just minus any boozy notes. I wasn't expecting it to have vanilla or be as sweet as it is, but wow is it gorgeous and delicious. And oh my gosh the waft on this one. Not throw, but just the waft up to my nose is swoony. It lingers for a good amount of time, too. 

Does it do what it claims in the name? To my nose, yes! Cozy Pumpkin Sweater is uber cozy, uber woolly, and just enough pumpkin to give it a definite fall flavor. I will need two bottles for sure. 

This one is so true to its name! The scent is just plain cozy. The pumpkin seems more of a fresh pumpkin scent - pumpkin juice, perhaps? - rather than a pumpkin spice. That makes it a lighter scent than the heaviness I generally associate with cinnamon and ginger spices. it also has a sweetness that is quite comforting. 

It lasted a couple of hours on me, I applied about 8am and now at 1pm its only noticeable if I'm sniffing my wrist. This one is going to be a great fall scent. 

It's pumpkiny! It's spicy! It's cozy!

I thought at first it would be subtle and fleeting, but then I kept getting whiffs of it throughout the day. It's a close scent, but a long-lasting one, and it has presence without overwhelming. I've tested it a couple times, and each time it lasted from morning to evening without much loss of strength or change in character. I was concerned it might turn out too sweet or too foody on me, but it has a good balance. There's enough spice to keep it interesting without drying it out, and the cozy sweater aspect prevents it from smelling too edible for my tastes.

It's a pumpkin-spiced pile of soft downy wool. Good for wrapping up in on those cool fall days.

Fluff (vanilla-y cotton on me), bright pumpkin, a bit of cinnamon, and clove clove clove! This is so goooood - like the lovechild of Jack and Game Over :luv2:

In The Bottle: Lots of fresh, buttery pumpkin and a hint of spice. 

Wet On Skin: The spice is coming out more and warming it all up. I like the effect, that warmth. It's a nice autumnal scent thus far.

Dry Down: Finally! The cozy sweater! I was honestly wondering if half the namesake simply wouldn't appear to me, but now I understand what all the hubbub is about! It's got this sexy-clingy-sweater vibe thing that defies explanation except as "One of those moments when Beth does a thing and we have to ask: how. did. she. DO. that???" It's warm, it's cozy, it's slightly spicy and it's dead sexy. I am SO glad I took a chance on this one! ❤️ 

Take pumpkin spice and make it a sweater. Or literally take sweaters, wash them in pumpkin spice, and then wear them. This is what that would smell like. Sweaters. And pumpkin spice. Good throw and wear length.

One of my favorites from the Weenies I've tried. This is an autumn-spiced, soft, comfy sweater.

I seem to get hints of orange and pumpkin that seem to make the "orange" part. They are soft, and not intrusive at all. The sense of orange fruit isn't citrusy and seems part of the pumpkin.

I also get some raw sugar blended with the spice.

Mm, so good.

This was the only Weenie that I blind bottled, and it is everything that I was hoping for.

This does not feature the syrupy pumpkin spice blend from Pumpkin Spice Everything, and it does not smell like you've doused yourself in a jar of pumpkin spice. I don't even get a fuckton of cinnamon from it, for which I am thankful. I distinctly smell clove sugar ( :woohoo: ) and a bit of a fresh pumpkin that gives it that orange-y vibe, all embedded in a fluffy sweater note. I can't compare the pumpkin spice to a previous blend from BPAL, but I will say that those that have tried and enjoyed Sucreabeille's Pumpkin Spice Pandemic would also enjoy this scent -- it's kind of like that scent without the chai tea and the hit of tar in the initial application, but this has a lovely sweater note.

I love Cozy Pumpkin Sweater, and I do think it is evocative of a sweater scented with sugared pumpkin spice. This will be getting lots of wear from me in autumns to come. :heart: 

Edited by doomsday_disco

Ungh this is so good. Lots of buttery pumpkin at first with cinnamon and clove, then a spicy, wooly, woody scent dominates after that has my nose glued to my wrist. 

I agree with the above reviews. Cozy Pumpkin Sweater is a cinnamon/clove-spiced sugar entwined in a vanilla-touched wool. I don’t get much of a pumpkin note on my skin, but I’ve noticed it’s tends to ghost on me. The spice is fairly mellow, and fades into a supporting roll after an hour, then it’s all sweet crunchy sugar and cozy sweater. I’m pleased with the scent and glad I sprung for a bottle. A light-hearted scent for staying cozy on a chilly day. 

i jumped on the band wagon and purchased blindly a bottle.

i have no idea how agora sweaters smell, but what i can tell you is that the spices here amp up on my skin and i get a fluffy wool note,  rounded with a faint orange (fruit) vibe, but still the spices here dominate. i will have to rest it and test it in the fall.

Cozy Pumpkin Sweater on me is definitely cozy and pumpkin, but I get hardly any spice.  On me, it was simple:  fluffy sweet vanilla pumpkin.  It felt more like what I would imagine pumpkin floss to smell like.  Although it's low key, it lasted for 24 hours on me.  

I was gifted an empty bottle of this as a sniffie, and have tracked down a full bottle and it's yum. BPAL's wooly note (in here, and in Cafe Au Lait And A Woollen Blanket, for instance) is really soothing to smell on my skin, sort of a warm linen-tined vanilla-y feel, and I'm always about buttery pumpkin and pumpkin-spice-mix. It's a definite comfort scent.