Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

BPAL apple-lovers, this is for you. I'll never understand how the Lab manages to get apple-varietal scents so spot-on, and this is no exception. This is a winesap apple for sure -- so crisp, as sharp as cool autumn air, fresh, and wine-y/jammy. Combined with this is a light sprinkling of golden sugar that sweetens and warms up the crispness to an almost rose-y apple skin-musk. It possesses a delicate prettiness and depth to it that keeps it from being too candy-like.

Of course, with all apple scents, this goes on strong burning-off apple and settles to many base notes. The apple goes to the backseat driver position...and what's worth it on this one is the sugar musk. Oof. Its intoxicating! Sweet, syrupy, slightly liquor-like.

Apple can easily be too much for me (too clean or downright soapy, too tart, too reminiscent of cheap air freshener), but I'm really enjoying this one.  It does smell sweet and like it has been sprinkled with sparkly, crunchy sugar, and it has a deep red, glowing sort of feel to it, like the prettiest apple skins.  I agree that it has a hint of something like rose jam to it.  Very sweet and juicy with that natural, rose-like hint that real, ripe apples have.  This starts off very strong on me for about 2 hours and then suddenly starts to disappear and is gone by the 3 hour mark.  Worth reapplying, though.  I'd say this is my favorite bpal apple after the LE Sugar-Slathered Candied Apple.  It smells like real apple with nothing off about it, just sprinkled with sugar.

Wine/jammy apple, and a whiff of rose sugar. No seriously, rose sugar. UGH. This smells like an apple perfume mixed with rose jam. Yes, yes, it should be an abomination, but its just sweet, nostalgic, and reminds me to a time when Trick or Treating meant you could literally get a caramel apple from someone and not be worried that it was a) poisoned, b) full of drugs, or c) weird. Just a good wholesome throwback. Medium throw and wear length.

I'm not an apple person but holy wow is this good. I tried it on a whim at the Lab's Lunacy event and liked it so much that I took a bottle home.

The apples are forward in the wet stage. I'm not an apple connoisseur but these are lovely -- slightly sweet, fresh, and with a little lift. They are identical to the apples in one of my favorite NAVA blends (Vanilla & Apple Spice). These apples are amazing.

The sugar starts to come out with dry down and makes this scent warm and comforting. Sometimes sugar runs rampant on my skin but it's held in check here.

This blend is perfect for the fall and the holiday season, without being holiday at all. The scent has medium throw and wear length.

i had a migraine the night i tested this so i need to try it again to be sure...

in the bottle and wet on my skin it was alllllmost Snow Glass Apples, and it was so beautiful i almost wanted to cry.

but then it settled in.  and started reminding me of the Pink Champagne from... a while back. which never worked on me (too soapy?).

All the sugary apples. Sweet, sugary apples and more apples. Hints of roses and golden wine.

This fragrance is like motorboating a pile of sugared apples. 

It's lovely. I might have enough apple scents, but I'll love my sample.

Gorgeous fresh apple juice — almost a sweet apple cider. There’s some kind of sweeter note which moves in as it dries, something fluffy, almost billowy. Another awesome apple bottle from the Lab.

Wet: Apples and... potpourri? Why are you doing this to me, nose?

Dry: Whew! The potpourri has faded away. I'm left with an incredibly light apple scent that's slightly sweeter than the wet stage.

It's a little too light for me, but I think I'll save the decant to mix with some hair stuff. ;) 

Sweet, juicy red apples. This is an incredibly realistic, fresh apple -- like biting into a ripe, bright red apple. The sugar is a bit in the background here, but comes out more as it dries, and I wouldn't call this an overly-sweet or cloying scent at any stage (although I have a pretty high tolerance for sweet tooth scents). Probably my favorite apple scent from this year's batch! Good throw while wet, but fairly short duration.

This is a realistic, fresh red apple scent, where you can smell the skin of the apple along with the pulp (is that the right word for it?). It smells like an apple that has been freshly bitten into, with the sugar becoming more noticeable with wear. It's not the same sugar as Sugared Apple bath oil, though, and I don't think it is as sugary as that scent (for those who have tried it and are wondering how this compares). I also feel like I get a bit of rosiness after a few hours of wear, like some other reviews mentioned, but I think it could just be the way the apple skin develops on me. 

I like this and will retest my decant before it goes away. I am not sure I need a full bottle of another apple scent, though, even though this is pretty nice.

Edited by doomsday_disco

I must be the only person who doesn't like this. :( It's high-pitched and artificial smelling. It smells like Yankee candle apple air freshener, with no hint of the 'sugar' aspect. I tried some on my wrist, and it was the only BPAL I've ever been tempted to scrub off. Maybe my chemistry is not working with this one, or maybe my nose is wonky? I wish I got what everyone else was smelling in this one. 

Wet, it smells like a very crisp, red apple. After it dries down, there's a soft sugariness with the apple still there, but slightly less prominent. Eventually the apple mostly fades away. It only ended up lasting a few hours on me, but it is a really nice apple scent.

It really makes me crave a nice, fresh, juicy apple.

This is like biting into a crunchy, tart, pink apple. The sugar strengthens as it dries down, but the dial is turned up a bit high for my liking (it's not unusual for my skin to amp sugar to high heaven). Almost a Smutty type of sugar.

I compared Apple Sugar to Sugar-Slathered Candied Apple just for funsies, and the latter is significantly sweeter. The sugar there is more rich and caramelly, and the apple variety is not tart, it reminds me more of a Red Delicious. 

Lighthearted fairy apples.