Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pine, moss, touch of Dorian. This one is a very pine forward blend - but not Christmassy. More like a pine forest in an early fall morning. Cool, crisp, piney and sunshiney. Good throw and wear length.

Whoa, that's some pine! I get tons of pine and bergamot at first, with the bergamot becoming more prominent with wear, and a bit of Dorian in the background. Then the moss emerges and ends up being the dominant note on me after a few hours of wear. I didn't get much lavender from this, sadly, and not as much Dorian as I was hoping for.

I am going to let this rest and re-test it before it goes away. I think it's nice, but I would like more Dorian and lavender from it.

Favorite of the Lilith's this year. Pine and lavender! I do get Dorian and bergamot, but very much in the background. It reminds me of The Wolves Howled, the Ravens Screamed, but more welcoming and brighter.

So I do not like masculine as a term for scents, but the pine makes this smell like a “more” masculine Dorian spiked with a touch of extra lavender. So pine, Dorian and some small lavender. I do not get the bergamot at all strangely. 
I cannot decide if I like this or not. Strange scent, definitely unique.

In the imp: pine and moss, and sparkling mountain air.

Wet: bergamot, layered over a forest of pine, blanketed in lavender clouds

Dry: the lavender really billows in the drydown, alongside a little hit of sugar from Dorian. However, the predominant scent is fresh pine, lifted by the tang from the bergamot. The scent proper lasts around 6-8 hours, but the lemony and pine after-notes linger on a bit further. The throw is medium, provided you apply liberally; the effect is very similar to most of the pine-base blends.

Stars: ★★★★

Wet: What a fresh scent! Pine, moss, bergamot and lavender. This reminds me of being in a forest, surrounded by pine trees. Totally evocative.

Dry: The pine has faded, but you can still smell it a bit. The bergamot is still going strong, and I would still characterize this as a very "fresh" pine forest scent. 

Holding on to my decant!

At first this is pure Christmas tree pine, sweet with that mentholated air like cold wind. I forgot what the rest of the notes were when testing so I was interested to see it develop. It got a bit warmer and muskier, and the sweetness shifted to a different kind, more distinctly vanilla. After it dries I get a pretty recognisably Dorian base, very heavy on the vanilla tea. The moss and pine have faded back but not disappeared but have added a really cool balsamic note to the Dorian. It's hard to describe how well they blend, but it really works. This is one of my all time favorites from the Liliths. 

Bottle: Ice cold piney wood blend. There is a hint of lavender.

Wet: Fresh pine needles take the lead. There is a mustiness from the moss in the backdrop. The lavender is there as a supporting player, giving that nice fresh feeling. You really get the impression of being in a cold pine forest.

Dry down: I'm not familiar with OG Dorian, so I apologize if I'm misinterpreting this, but I think Dorian is what I primarily get in the dry down. The pine and lavender completely disappeared, leaving behind a sugary tea perfume with a hint of bergamot. I actually enjoy this stage a lot as well, but I was definitely surprised by how different it is from the wet stage.

Verdict: Love. The only thing is that I wish the piney stage lasts a little bit longer.

Edited by penguinarrow