Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Clowny purples and greens and smeared bits of red: plum and blackcurrant with sugared mint, red currant, and vanilla bean.

Black currant, red currant, sugary minty. This one smells like a mix of sugared fruit candies. And a whiff of plum envelops it all. It is purple, and smears of both green and red. If you love sweet sugary blends, give this a whirl.

wow, did this not work on me. The currant went sour and stomped all over everything, the plum clashed loudly with the mint, and I never got to the vanilla or the sugar. Off to swaps.

Bpal's plum and black currant notes are just so good.  The plum is juicy and slightly creamy smelling, and the black currant reminds me of sweet berry jam.  I'm not crazy about mint + fruit and wish I could get rid of the mint, as minty fruit will inevitably remind me of cough drops.  As it dries down, the red currant gives things more of a tart, sour edge.  If you like candied fruit scents, though, this one is really fun.  It's like a handful of exotic gummis (maybe wine gums!) with some mints thrown in.

Plum with blackcurrant, and a lot of mint. At first, on me, the plum and mint are tied, as it wears, the mint wins out, with the fruit be relegated to the background. An interesting play on a winter minty scent, but ultimately not for me.

Wet: Mint, sugar, and plum! The mint note is by far the strongest, and I'm hoping it calms down a bit on the dry down.

Dry: The good news is that I no longer smell any mint! (Not much of a mint fan.) The bad news is... I can't really smell anything else either. 😐 This smells like a very vague musky-berry scent, with a hint of vanilla.

Not sure where this went wrong on me!

Very sugary vanilla mint with a hint of plum and currants in the background. The mint dominated most of the notes for me once it dried down, it's practically a soapy mint scent. I don't mind soapy scents at all so this isn't a deal breaker, but I do wish the mint wasn't as strong as it is. I love the currants in Eat Me and would have loved them to appear in this blend as well.