Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Cupcakes are to kids what catnip is to cats: red velvet cupcakes, buttercream, vanilla bean, and coconut cream.

Butter cream, coconut, vanilla and a whiff of chocolate cake. The coconut cream is very very fragrant on me, and sort of overwhelms everything else. Good throw and wear length.

In the bottle: Warmed up butter

On the skin: Buttercream with vanilla and a slight bit of chocolate cupcake goodness, with coconut starting to come forward. 

Dry Down: Lots of coconut cream with a dash of butter and velvet cupcake.  The coconut is definitely winning out, which is  bit sad for me, as I find it more of a tropical, suntan lotion smell, whereas the other fragrances worked nicely together and they should have stopped there, imo.  Buttercream, vanilla and red velvet cupcakes sounded so divine!

Cat-Lilith and Cat-Dad has more red velvet cake to it than Senator Barrial (which was more frosting), but the buttercream frosting is the star here for a while, before the coconut cream joins in and it becomes all coconut cream and butter on me.

This one was a gamble due to the coconut cream, and it did not pay off. I would have enjoyed this more if it hadn't contained the coconut cream note. :( 

In The Bottle: Buttercream! Yellow box cake!!! :yum:

Wet On Skin: Cake. Cakecakecakecakecake. I literally want to gnaw on my own arm. THAT'S how good this smells.

Dry Down: Yup. Just straight up, warm, fresh-from-the-oven, CAKE. I'm not really even getting frosting. But you know what? I don't care! Because A straight-forward cake-perfume is filling a need in my life, and I will love the poop outta this scent for as long as the bottle lasts!

In All: Moist, delicious box cake in a medium-low throw. I will happily wear this alone but will also play around with some layering, because why not? CAAAAAAAKE. ❤️❤️❤️ 

Starts off as moist and warm from the oven chocolate cake and then dries down to smell like a frosted chocolate cake with oodles of real buttercream frosting made simply with icing sugar and butter.  After a half hour, I can smell more of the coconut cream, and it gets stronger on my skin over time.  Buttercream frosting flavored with coconut and a hint of the chocolate cake underneath.  Sort of like an extra coconutty German chocolate cake with a very generous heap of frosting.  I don't find that the coconut smells too artificial or reminiscent of suntan lotion on my skin, so I like this one.

This is gorgeous.  It’s the most delicious cake, what you want every cake to taste like.  Red velvet cake with buttercream icing, with just a hint of coconut in the background.  

It’s sweet, but not sickly sweet.  Rich, but not heavy. By itself, it’s (of course) ultra foodie, but layered with Snake Oil - or something else even - it becomes a gorgeous gourmand.  

I love this and I think I need a backup.   

So this translates a little weird on my skin. Mocha hot chocolate with a topping of buttercream and a dash of coconut cream. Maybe some bitter cocoa and cardamom sprinkled in. There is a feel that there is cake somewhere but mostly this is like a really delicious drink.

Honestly I quite like it and will keep my partial bottle. It just was not I expected.

Edited by Deceitfuldescender

Skin testing this right now..... The loveliest vanilla butter cream with a teeny bit of coconut. Smells slightly of cream cheese frosting, but not in a strong dairy way. I detect cocoa, but not the cake (gluten) in red velvet cupcakes. I would say this is an excellent buttercream scent and gourmand lovers will appreciate (more creamy and richer than the frosting note from the recent birth cake prototype), but not necessarily a dominant  player (for reference I get more Blackberry buttercream than red velvet in Monsterbait Closet as well).

Wet: Coconut cream and buttercream! I'm not actually getting much of a cake scent.

Dry: Not getting cake still, at all. The coconut cream is very, very strong on me, and I have a feeling it's overshadowing all the other scents (including the buttercream at this point).

In my head I was comparing this to Senator Barrial, but they are not alike at all; in SB the cake note is the strongest on me, and I far prefer that scent to this one.

Not my jam, sadly.

Initially when I put this on, the buttercream read as buttery popcorn to me. But with time, that note fades considerably and now it's mostly a creamy coconut with some buttercream and vanilla. I don't get much of a cake note here, it's all creamy frostings.

This is beautiful, a must have if you adore coconut. Can't even be too mad at the lack of the red velvet cupcakes note.

Dense, sweet buttery coconut cakes, drizzled in thin strands of chocolate and sprinkled with a dash of toasted coconut flakes. 
That’s the impression my senses conjure with this scent, and it has me salivating. I bought this originally because I am searching for coconut scents that my daughter might enjoy… it’s now firmly in my possession, with some sharing potential. Haha

Possibly my favorite coconut scent, as I generally get an artificial note with most others. (Also, I’m deep in a gourmand phase.) Also, it lasts very well. 

Lovely experience! 

In the very very beginning, you catch a whiff of the most realistic cream cheese buttercream chocolate red velvet cake EVER. This quickly fades and turns into just honey...and a Tootsie roll note. Kind of sad about it but the beginning is awesome.