Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Herby focaccia bread and a whiff of honey. This one smells like bread. Sweetened, focaccia bread. If you wanted bread, this is it folks. Medium throw and wear length.

This is exactly as described and I'm so tickled with it. Crusty, fresh-baked bread with honey, yum!

The scent stays true on my skin through the drydown and has medium throw and wear length.

I don't always go for straight-up foodie scents, but this one is unique, warm, and lovely!

Mmm.  This is so pretty.  I don't get anything herbal or savory about it, thankfully.  It reminds me of sweet Hawaiian rolls and honey butter.  Fluffy, sweet bread and creamy honey.  As it dries down, the honeyed part reminds me of wildflower honey, almost softly floral, but this isn't a floral scent by any means.  Sweet, fluffy bread and wildflower honey butter.  I probably will grab a backup bottle or two of this one.  It's sort of what I wished Bread-and-Butterfly was.   Magical bread!

Burnt bread crust in the bottle. What even. Yep, that there is bread crust on application. The honey drips in veeeeery slowly, so the scent first becomes damp bread and then slooooooowly the bread edges out and uncovers the slightly floral honey. Almost no throw.

Brilliant execution.

I get more bread in the decant than on my skin. On my skin, the honey is constantly the star, but it's a soft, non-heady variety of honey. I get more bread in the beginning than over time, as I am apparently amping the honey note, but it is a nice sort of honey (I agree that it may be a wildflower honey) with a bit of fluffy bread behind it.

I think this is nice, but not something I need a full bottle of.

*Sigh*

Doritos. That’s what I smell when I sniff straight from the imp. And sadly, my damn brain latched onto that so the lovely bread note everyone else is smelling continues to smell like DORITOS to me. Ugh. That fades very fast and I’m left smelling like Lush’s Honey I Washed the Kids soap, which isn’t a bad thing, but not what I wanted here.

I must amp honey because this is 90% delicious medium amber colored honey (clover I think, not wildflower) with just a hint of some kind of crusty white bread behind it. It reminds me of when I bake fresh bread in my bread machine and we all eat it with honey on top. Pleasant and nostalgic. Definitely keeping my decant and considering a bottle.

My kids also discard the crusts for me, so Puddin’ has my sympathies.

Fresh out of the mail, I got tons of wildflower honey from Bread Lumps, but testing it when settled, it's all too-well toasted (just shy of burnt) gluten-free bread globbed with honey. So there's no waft of yeasty gluten which I was hoping for, rather disappointing! Definitely pay attention to the bread crusts note!

Wet: Ohhhhhhhhh. This is a warm piece of bread, slathered in sweet honey. Total comfort scent.

Dry:  Darn. The honey is more mild now, and the bread is just.. not special anymore? If my warm piece of bread slathered with honey was forgotten about and left out for a few hours, it would probably smell like this.

I think I'll save my decant though, I bet this would smell AMAZING in my hair!

this is that honey note the Lab uses that i think of as California Honey.  which is not what i (as a Georgia peach) think of honey as smelling or tasting like.

once, many years ago now, i purchased some Fage greek yogurt with a little side pocket of honey that you were to mix in just before eating.  that honey *tasted* exactly like the way the Lab's honey note *smells*

i'd never had honey that tasted like that before. i couldn't eat it then, either, it just wasn't right.   honey was one of the first things i ever purchased with my own money (from a beekeper who had a roadside stand.) and i've bought raw and pasteurized honey from all over the country and all over the world.  i also can't stand orange blossom honey, just for the record.

anyhow. this is that honey note, which if you know you like it, you'll probably like this.

and it is not the Parkerhouse yeast roll / soft white bread being baked kinda smell i was hoping for.  this isn't Wonderbread, it is something almost oaty and hearty and the kinda thing i'd want with stew, not with honey.

sadly this is a no-go from me. 

also i can totally see how L403 got first Doritos and then Lush from this, but i get less of a HIWTK than a - what's the other one? Beautiful? Flying Fox? the one that used to be B Never or some such? because it is that kind of honey. 

The bread note smells exactly like leftover toast crusts and I am both astounded and delighted. The honey is sweet and almost ambery, and vanillic in a way that evokes Ü. Headier than I expected, but still very fun!

In the bottle, it's very crusty bread with honey - a realistic food scent, but would it make a good perfume? I say yes it does! On my skin it mellows into a soft, silken honey with a touch of soft bread in the background. Very soothing for those of us who love creamy honey scents!