Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

You're a Daisy If You Have

Leather, wildflowers, and a whiff of white sage. Honestly, for some reason, this reminds me to Agnes Nutter, and that may be a lingering puff of gunpowder. This is a very black leather blend though. Good throw and wear length.

This is very pretty if you love leather. It reminds me of the leather in Thunder and Blazes, but the other notes round it out nicely. The most prominent notes, other than the leather, are the sage, chaparral, and wildflowers. If you liked Sacrifice, this is a must have. It's a serious, cowboys (or girls) in the desert at night kinda jam.

Wow that's a lot of harsh black leather. The chapparal and sage follow, reading somehow dry and dank at the same time, with a whiff of gasoline that I think I'm mistaking for the gunpowder. The flowers add something kinda interesting and pretty, but the leather is far too aggressive and it kinda stomps all over everything else. A bit too much for me. 

Strong black leather dries down to a slightly sweetened leather. I’m thinking the wildflowers are the sweetness I’m picking up on. While I am a leather lover, I really want those other notes to come come through! 

I’ll let it rest a while and give it another spin then... 

Update: I’m definitely getting the desert plants  sage & chaparral now, especially in the dry down. It’s a dry, silver-edged green scent over leather that softens with wear. A grey gunpowder smoke drifts lightly by as the coolness of night settles into the parched ground. Surprisingly, it feels incredibly “me”. 

Edited by artisjok

This is a strong, long-lasting leather scent, almost a leather single note. It's definitely a cowboy/tack-room leather rather than a leather-jacket/motorcycle leathers or leather-seats-car-interior leather. I expected a smokey vetiver note thanks to the mentions of gunpowder, but nope - it's all leather here and no guns.

In the Imp - Fresh leather-goods shop/suede with a hint of clean, dry grass?
Wet/freshly applied -  A pleasant combination of suede-type leather and grass, like a tackroom or maybe like horseback riding out in the sunshine. It's a very dry, clean, soft leather, like fresh suede. On my hair there's a hint of smokiness and dry grass accompanying the leather, but on my skin the leather dominates.
Half-hour in - Clean, dry leather, with an almost grey quality to it, and maaaybe a bit of drying grass accompanying it. It combines really nicely with the Song of Autumn I and II grass scents I'm testing on my other arm.
Late dry-down - Hours later (and by hours I mean a complete work day) the leather note is still going strong on my skin.  I cannot stress enough how much staying power this has.  I applied it to my hair as well as my skin and 48 hours and one hair-washing/shampoo later I could still catch faint whiffs of tack shop leather from my hair.

The gun powder comes out shooting! It's STRONG! It overpowers the other notes. Then it turns to some SOUR leather. I can't pick out anything else

You Might Be a Daisy is all leather on me.  New leather, like a Tandy leather shop or a leather goods stall in Tijuana.  Or Elspethdixon has it absolutely right:  cowboy/tack shop, not black leather jacket.  I had Colemanite Phoenix on the other wrist, but it didn't help me suss out the sage here, and I didn't get wildflowers either.  Or smoke or gunpowder, for that matter.  Just fresh leather and lots of it, for a good long time.  

I love the initial scent of this one; it's nostalgic for me, with the tack-like leather, wildflowers, and sage. But even though I don't amp gunpowder in the only other blend I've tried with it (Mary Read), I sure amp it in this one! By the end it's all gunpowder and leather. Pretty cool if I'm going for that gunslinger vibe, but as is, not something I will wear often. 

On 10/2/2019 at 6:36 AM, zankoku_zen said:

Boot leather, whiskey, tobacco smoke, prairie wildflowers, chaparral, white sage, and gunpowder.

Bottle:  Weirdly...sweet.  Dry something.  I don't quite get it.  Might be cross-contamination with an imp that had a chocolatey smell.

Wet:

This is definitely not subtle.

L wrist- smoke (like Moai) and LEATHER

R wrist - smoke and something astringent (sage?)

Dry:

L wrist - smoke and dry sweet something

R wrist - smoke and gunpowder (something like the note in Brimstone; assuming that's sulfur)

I haphazardly think this is what a demon might smell like.  A little aired out so as not to be as conspicuous but still big.  This might be a go-to "I don't like you: go away" perfumes for crappy meetings at work like Brimstone is now.

Very dey:

L wrist - all brown leather 

R wrist -  I don't know where the leather went.  It's almost hiding on my R wrist.  It's worn like tack or boots.  Smoke is still there but not as acrid or intense.  Think a hoodie a week after a bonfire.

Edited by DigitalCoyote

99% super strong, sharp, black leather, not well-worn whatsoever, backed by some smoke and made even more dry by the touches of chapparal and sage. The leather in this is like... a leather store (cowboy variety) crawled right up into your nostrils. IT IS STRONG. The smoke and desert-y plant notes grow stronger over time, but neither can hold a candle to that leather.

I am glad I got to experience this Lilith scent, but this is not the kind of leather that I enjoy wearing.

Edited by doomsday_disco

In the decant: Leather that's like the inside of a used and new tack shop. It's new, sharp, clean leather. It's faded and worn used leather. It's cheap leather and plush expensive leather. All together. A second whiff gives me smoke and sage. 

On my skin:

It's gonna be a minute. First impressions are leather, then smoke, then tobacco, then sage, then prairie flowers. This is all within the first fifteen seconds. 

After fifteen minutes, it's back to complex tack store. I cannot say that I mind. 

Which is good because complex tack store is where it seems to stay on me. I don't swear that I need a bottle of this, but I'm definitely keeping the decant and keeping an eye out. 

Yowza, leather CITY on this one--totally not what I expected but I love it!  In the bottle:  Strong, cool blast of leather, with a teeny bit of resin?  Getting some black leather in the bottle.  On, wet:  Opens up into a much more suede-ey brown leather/horse tackle/hardware store leather tool belts thing.  Stays VERY strongly like that, with almost no other notes, for quite some time, as in several hours.  I am not a horse person but I grew up around carpenters/cabinetmakers and I know what those raw leather tool belts/shop aprons smell like, and I've been around horses a little, and it smells pretty much the same as tack.  Anyway, after many hours, I start to get a bit of resinous creosote which I guess is the gunpowder mixing with sage.  After a few MORE hours, I finally get the "flowers" part of the story, but we're talking 12 hours for the suede/leather to sit the bleep down and stop hogging the mike.  Also let me note that this lasts for a VERY long time, and has a LONG STRONG throw -- sitting at my desk all day, I got up and went out to pick up my laundry and when I got back home my entire work room smelled like I had washed the floors with the stuff!  So, if you are a suede/leather fan, especially a brown suede fan, this is your jam.  I could see femme-ing it up any floral of choice (I bet this would rock with any rose scent), or incense it up with an incense blend, or even just go nuts and go Total Freaking Leather and blend it with other leather things.  I bet it would also be awesome with Snake Oil, almost like an even more pervy Snake Skin.  Enjoy!