Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Virgos Love Power Tools

How could I resist a perfume poem to power tools 😘 ?

First on, it's mostly sawdust - sort of a tween version of Magus. There's a sweetness backing it up; it doesn't read as lavender but I'm guessing that's it. The *motor oil* note probably adds sweetness as well.   As it dries the sawdust departs and resins (bloop of Schwarzer Mond) comes out. Eventually that disappears and I'm left with lavendar and a touch of soapiness. It doesn't last very long and it presents in layers rather than a blend,  but aging might fix that.

Verdict: I like it more than I thought I would.  Possible bottle, but it'll need more testing.  Can't wait till it ages a little!

Edited by surlygurl

Mostly lavender. There's enough motor oil and metal to give this one just a bit of a hardworking edge, and enough resins to warm and soften it ... but still mostly a clean/soapy lavender. It reminds me a lot of English Lavender aftershave. Kind of gentlemanly, worn-in, clean. I don't get much sawdust from this one.

Fans of lavender who are wanting something more rugged than floral would like this, I think.

In the vial, and for about the first hour or so, I thought this was going to be a win for me. It's this lovely lavender paired with the terebinth and amber of Schwarzer Mond, some sawdust, and just a bit of motor oil. But then... the rusty nail note emerged, and it became sharp on me, and I amped it to the point that it mostly became metallic cologne with some lavender. Curse you, skin chemistry! :cry2:

Edited by doomsday_disco

I wanted to love this so much, as this Gemini loves power tools -- and Schwarzer Mond.  But lavender never lasts on my skin, and the whole thing faded faster than I would have liked.  It's lovely while it lasts, lavender and darker resins, quite unisex and appealing. 

Lavender often goes sour on me but this hasn't yet. I think it may be because of the rounded resins (motor oil & Schwarzer Monde).

This is a kind of snuggly cologne that does present in layers. Usually it's lavender cologne but there's an occasional dark whiff of patchouli/resin and workshop.

The top notes remind me a lot of Quicksilver Phoenix, from the Anniversaries.

This one makes me want to curl up and go to sleep.

A strong, clean and fresh, lavender fougere cologne for the first hour or so.  Then that took a backseat to the dark resins, a touch of motor oil, a sprinkle of sawdust, and some metal, which got stronger with time. Unisex.

I am a little heartbroken because I picked this up because I love lavenders, Schwarzer Mond, light woods, Streets of Detroit, and sometimes a bit of metal. 

What I didn't expect was the fougere note, which reminds me of one of those CK colognes that was popular in my youth which I didn't like. 

Edited by rawgirl75

I think I was expecting a darker fragrance, but this is very much lavender-forward on my skin. It's a slightly soapy, bright, clean, lavender cologne type of scent. Sort of white musky smelling on my skin for some reason. I never can pick out the darker notes or resins.