Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

The Great Virgo Baking Show

Wet: PECAN. FREAKING. PIE.

Two hours after application: There's the honeyed cream! I usually amp honey so the fact that it wasn't the first and only thing I smelled on my skin is a testament to how deliciously strong the pecan pie smell is.

The throw is medium--I get whiffs of it when I move my wrist, but it isn't overpowering. Will update at the end of the day with wear length!

EDIT: By the time I got home 12 hours after first application, I could still smell both the pecan pie filling and the honeyed cream, though both were very light. DELICIOUS.

Edited by highgarden

Pecan pie, dough, and honey. Not really getting a bunch of cream per se. But this is a nice pecan pie blend. Medium throw and wear length.

Cream in the bottle. Toasty grains on application, which eventually dries to a beeswax honey kind of note. No molasses, brown sugar, pecan, or any resemblance thereof. Pretty, but almost no throw.

In The Bottle: Cream and honey. Yum!

Wet On Skin: The honey is changing a bit to a kind of honey dust. The cream is still present but less intense. 

Dry Down: Honey cream. 

In All: Having been an *enormous* fan of the Trading Post's Pie Series, and finding the Pecan Pie perfume in particular to only get better with age, I had high hopes for this scent. It's a soft, sweet, honey-focused scent that's lovely- but it's NOT pecan pie on me, for which I am certainly disappointed. It's for sure good enough to hold on to, but I'm going to keep hoping that the pecan pie eventually finds its way into the mix.

Wet: Oh yes. LOTS of honey here, followed up by the pecan pie. Delicious.

Dry: Same as the wet stage! Honey, and pecan pie. I'm not getting any type of a "cream" note here, but I don't think I'm really missing it. This is lovely!

I love pecan pie so I was really curious to try this one. Who doesn't wanna smell like a favorite dessert?

On my this is just...sweet. I get honey and a touch of vanilla cream, and the nuttiness of pecans are there, but after an hour this just becomes sweetness on my skin.

Not to say that's bad. It's very pretty in fact. But I don't get pecan pie, per say. I do, however, get a sweet and lovely whiff any time I lift my arms and move around, so there's that.

I didn't put a ton on since it is a HOT day, so I'll add another swipe now that I'm back at the hotel and see if my opinion changes.

As some others have mentioned, I don't get "this is a pecan pie" note, but to be fair I think that's kind of a moving target.  It's a big throw, sweet gourmand that's long wearing very well balanced--you get the nuttiness, the cinnamon, the butter, the vanilla, but nothing is fighting each other.  As a side note, it is also a good layering blend for other "gourmand adjacent" blends that you'd find in the Weenies.

Like everyone else, I don't get pecan pie from this. It's all honeyed cream with the pie crust. Some pie spices in here as well such as cinnamon and vanilla, although initially that vanilla resembled more of a frosting to my nose than extract. It's like sweet cinnamon buns with no icing. 

I like it, but if you are dying for that pecan pie smell this may not be the oil for you.

This smells like a big bowl of sweet honeyed cream with a sprinkle of sugared pralines on top. So yummy 😋! Medium throw and staying power.