Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

The Balcony Scene

In the bottle~A soft warm floral scent, rather nondescript, but pretty and very feminine.

On the skin~I definitely smell the vanilla bourbon warming up the florals and after about 10 minutes the carrot seed is coming forward.  

Dry down~The roses are soft, sweet and warm, not overbearing. Just a soft hint.  I smell a tiny bit of licorice in this scent as time passes and the carrot seed. The carrot seed goes so nicely with the roses. I love deep dark rose scents, but this is not one.  It is definitely softer without being powdery, warmer and balance with carrot seed to make it a gentle, but alluring fragrance. The carrot seed almost lends a tad of green to the mix. I took a chance on this and it is nicer than I expected! 

Sad red roses, carrot seed, and a whiff of vanilla. Carrot seed always makes things smell sort of sad to me, and it was one of the items I  loved so much form When Stars Were Weeping. This makes me think of that, but the rose version of WSWW. Good throw and wear length. Perfect for tragic teen heroines, sighing for their crush.

Very sweet, sugary rose on my. I'm guessing that's the combo of rose and vanilla bourbon. I do get a kick from the carrot seed, but overall, it's a very sweet, youthful, and airy rose scent. I feel like I have a number of scents that are similar and the carrot seed doesn't do enough to set this particular scent apart.

It's a decent powdery rose vanilla with an old fashioned vibe. Very SFW and I like it and will use it up but it is not something I will reach for often.