Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Little Atalanta

I have unfortunate luck with every single BPAL leaf scent in the sense that all I can smell is leaves, leaves, leaves. While I love dead leaves as a single note, I never have the privilege of detecting a single other note when the dead leaf note is present in a blend. 

This is the first exception to that rule....

I LOVE this blend! It's definitely dead leaves, and that note stays present into the drydown. However, once the drydown occurs, the most gorgeous sweet pleathery leather scent emerges. I had a pair of pleather pants in my 20s. The scent reminds me of those (like, spot on) and is also reminiscent of the leather note in De Sade in a subtle way. I just purchased backups.

Dead Leaves and pleather. It's cool, leafy, and very much something the girls from the Craft would wear. Great throw and wear length.

Little Atalanta starts off with a blast of peppery dead leaves, which remains the dominant note for a while, backed by the pleather. But the pleather note gains strength with wear, eventually overtaking the dead leaves after a few hours and confining them to a background role. It is more like leather than pleather and has a slight sweetness to it that I appreciate.

My skin chemistry doesn't do well with the Lab's dead leaf note, but if yours does and you want it paired with a sweet leather note, give this one a whirl.

Definitely the same dead leaves note that's in the Halloweenie blends. For some reason, whenever I wear a blend with that note it goes slightly vinegary on me. Luckily, it goes away pretty quickly as the leather gets stronger. Might be due to the age, but this is heavier on the leaves note than the pleather. 

I like it, definitely seek this out if you adore Dead Leaves blends and want something close to a Single Note. It's a little too harsh for me to wear on it's own, but it'll definitely get some use for layering.

Little Atalanta is almost entirely dead leaves on me (which I love) which eventually mellow down enough to perceive a softer, sweeter leather note. I was afraid pleather would smell like plastic, but it does not. 

Edited by Lucchesa