Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Lazy Daisy

Cotton, and whiffs of jasmine and bergamot. This is mainly a clean cotton blend, with whiffs of different teas. Sort of like a baby Lace even, if you like because of the cotton note in it. Great throw and wear length.

It's straight up dryer sheets on me, which I find disappointing, since I usually love the Lab's tea scents! But if you're looking for something clean and inoffensive, this is a good choice. 

Clean cotton that becomes a little powdery on my skin after a bit of wear.

A little wisp of jasmine tea floats about, but mostly this is clean cotton for me.

Lazy Daisy is a very clean scent. The cotton is the star of the show throughout wear, and while the tea is noticeable and realistic, it is strongest when freshly applied, as the cotton just seems to increase in strength over time with my skin chemistry.

If you're a fan of the Lab's laundry/linen scents, this one is for you. But if you are hoping for lots of tea, it just can't compete with the cotton note.

Edited by doomsday_disco

In the imp: tea and cotton

Wet: the exact scent of my preferred fabric softener (ilu cotton Cuddly), breadcrumbs, milky white builder's tea and a strainer full of dark wet leaves.

Dry: I lucked out with this year's Liliths. This is yet another that I adore, though it is somewhat shorter-lived on me than I expected. Still, it's beautiful, and I am resisting the urge to buy a bottle, as I'm resisting the urge to buy a bottle of all the others I've reviewed.

Medium throw, and about 6 hours wear time.

Stars: ★★★★★

This smells like sunshine on clean linens. It’s clean, bright, snuggly, and comforting. I put it on before bed when I was in a foul mood, and it made me feel much better. I do wish I got some of the jasmine, but otherwise it’s a lovely scent.

As a tea lover and a fan of clean scents, I decided to snag a decant of this. The clean linen note is definitely front and center -- I can pick up some of the tea notes in the background, especially in the decant, but the linen is the most dominant note for sure. I was hoping for stronger tea notes, so I'm probably going to pass on a full bottle, but will keep reaching for my decant when I want that fresh laundry scent.

Very fresh clean scent on and in the bottle. As it sits on the skin I get this super fluffy cotton scent, like a freshly laundered lace. The tea is very subtle on me, I get whiffs of green and black tea with the jasmine and roasty notes of oolong coming out very weakly as it lingers on the skin. But the fluffy cotton impresses me so much, it's not as intensely of clean/soapy scent of Boober or Dirty but there are light elements of that there. 

Jasmine, jasmine.. jasmine 😳 I really seem to amp the jasmine in this blend! It's a light, sunny, floral jasmine - not the grounded jasmine that I associate with jasmine (green) tea. Close to the skin I get black tea, but this is by and far jasmine for me. As a lover of clean scents I'm disappointed that I'm not recognizing a cotton note, but the jasmine itself is still lovely and warm... It's just not the scent picture I'd hoped for. 4/5

In the imp: Light and clean, almost soapy but not quite. There's a waft of jasmine but no more, and if this is tea, it must be the dried leaves rather than a cup of brewed tea.

Wet: A flash of astringency, and then it settles down into exactly what I imagine an airing cupboard full of freshly washed cotton sheets would smell like, with maybe a couple of dried jasmine and lavender flowers sprinkled between them. The florals are very light and non-intrusive, but present nonetheless.

Interestingly, I asked my fiancé what he thought at this stage, and he, not knowing any of the notes said, "like wet tree bark, just after rain." I can...kinda see it? The tea comes out after a few minutes, and I could see that reading as woody.

Dry: Very soft tea and cotton, very clean, but in an...organic kind of way, not like soap or laundry detergent. Like sun-dried sheets, as above. Quietly responsible, demure, and understated. A great scent to wear to brunch with your in-laws when you don't have time to shower (like I may have done today).

This pretty much turns Play-doh on me sadly and stays that way throughout its duration. Ahh well. 

edited later in the evening. This is a tip I discovered by accident before with other perfumes: if a scent doesn't work for you, try rinsing over it with a bit of water. This will sometimes change the scent to something more wearable. Many hours after application and after a brief rinse over the area this scent goes closer to what I was hoping: a clean fresh jasmine tea blend. 

Edited by RoseThornAndOak