Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Impromptu Goat Yoga

When this first arrived, I smelled a lot of goat's milk and white tea in the bottle, backed by the lavender and marshmallow musk. After a day of rest, the marshmallow musk is more noticeable in the bottle, cozying up to the goat's milk, but the white tea is still pretty strong.

On my skin, it's a huge blast of citrus-y white tea at first, with the lavender, goat's milk, and marshmallow musk trailing behind it. The white tea insists on holding the center stage, but the lavender grows stronger over time and ends up being not far behind it. The buttery goat's milk and marshmallow musk continue to reside in background roles. It takes a really long time for the white tea note to calm down on my skin (I must amp the stuff), but when it finally stops shouting after three hours, I get more of the lavender and goat's milk. The marshmallow musk doesn't seem able to compete with the other notes on me.

This was the Lilith I was most excited about from my order, but it's not my favorite of the four I ordered. I am going to set it aside and let it rest some more, and perhaps try it in a scent locket in the future. I am not sure how I feel about the white tea with these notes, but I bet this would be lovely on someone that doesn't amp it.

Goat milk, marshmallow and a whiff of lavender. This is a marshmallow-lavender creamy buttery goat milk blend. Soothing, comforting, good throw and wear length.

Wet I got lots of the lovely gentle goat's milk note with citrusy white tea and lavender.  Typically, the lavender didn't last long on me, but I got some throw, more than I usually do, with the goat's milk-tea combination, which pretty soon was edged with pillowy, sweet, musky marshmallow.  The late drydown is mostly marshmallow musk with white tea, but it lasts a long time.  This is a really comforting blend; I can see it being used for sleep, but it's also a real pleasure to wear.   

Goat Yoga and Bread Lumps are both giving off tea-party-of-my-dreams vibes.  I wore them together today and am in heaven.  I was really worried about the white tea, which tends to have a sharp citrus note in perfume, but all of the buttery, milky tones and sweet, creamy marshmallow smell great with that sharper tea note.  It winds up smelling like sugared lavender tea with honey and a little lemon, LOTS of milk, and creamy marshmallow perfume.  Super cozy, like cuddling a mug of hot, sweet tea, but this is also very rich and gourmand, so definitely not a weak or clean tea scent.  The lavender fades away mostly on my skin, but I catch whiffs of it every once in a while.  I definitely want a second bottle of this scent.  It reminds me of Alice, but more gourmand and without the spicy carnation, of course.

In The Bottle: Goats milk front and center, with a tart edge that I'm betting is the tea note.

Wet On Skin: The tea becomes more prominent as it warms on my skin, and there's a bit more of a lemon under-note to it.

Dry Down: It's saying pretty much just goats milk and white tea. I'd really been hoping for the lavender and definitely that marshmallow, but alas, it was not in the stars for me... 😕 

Edited by VioletChaos

It seems like the Lab has released quite a few scents with goat’s milk in recent years, and I love that smell so I want to try them all! It’s creamy dreamy milky buttery goodness. What I’m finding, however, is that the goat’s milk note itself pretty consistently washes out any other notes that might be in the blend, so when these scents settle on my skin they all end up smelling the same. Humph. I do get a hint of lavender and sweet ‘mallow musk here, but only when I sniff closely, and not enough to make me need a bottle.

Creamy, soft, not too sweet. The lavender is delicate, as is the tea. This is a cozy perfume and would  be non-offensive for those low-scent tolerance situations.

I was worried this would be very tea and lavender forward but I get equal parts marshmallow and the tangy goats milk which compliments the herbal notes well. The marshmallow and milk keep this scent from being bedtime, it would be a lovely daytime scent and I agree non offensive in social settings: neither too heady herbs or too sweet and gourmand. That said, while I detect the marshmallow clearly, it’s the sweetness of marshmallow grounding out the scent, not the powdery fluff from Stekk. Like, just the scorched sugar. Which is perfect to me. However, the white tea note is tickling my nose. I do not think it’s an allergen, I think the note is unfamiliar to me. It is unique and I am glad to have a half bottle, but, I hope the tickle stops! 

*edit. This is the type of scent I wish my coworkers wore. The kind that as they pass by you smell just the faintest trace of something beautiful and look up to see who passed by. But I think I prefer to smell like dank smokey cookie. 

Edited by Missanneshirleyofgg

This is unbearably foody on me. The goats milk and marshmallow musk absolutely dominate and make it smell like some sort of insanely sweet creamy baked good. The goats milk is clearly goats milk, and it is musky with a foody background that must be the marshmallow musk.

I think if I got the tea or the lavender I could wear this, but apparently I amp the crap outta goats milk. Swaps swaps swaps.

Unfortunately for me this went extremely buttery on me with hardly any trace of lavender. It was really foody, but not like the marshmallow I was hoping for...if I had gotten some tea maybe it would've balanced it more but my chemistry wasn't agreeing. It was pretty strong throw. 

Several hours later (like 4) it smells really good and the throw mellowed and I'm getting a soft marshmallow lavender with a butter undertone, but I don't wanna wait 4 hrs to love it! 

To the swap pile! 

At first this screams GOAT'S MILK!!! WHOOOOO! 🐐 NOTICE ME!

A sweet and creamy scent, that I apparently amp to the high heavens. 

After that calms down a bit, I get a whiff of the white tea through the buttery goat's milk. It is a bit fresher and lemony. 

Then, after four hours of wear, it has morphed in an inoffensive, sweet and musky smell that I really love. I think I smell traces of the marshmallow musk and a calmer goat's milk now. 

No trace of the lavender though, sadly. 

Both in the decant and on, the most dominant note to me is actually the marshmallows more than the goat's milk -- I've tried a couple of very goat's milk heavy BPALs in the past that were stronger, creamier, and tangier, so I think I was expecting that to be the heaviest note. Not that this is a bad thing, as the marshmallow notes blend fantastically with the goat milk that I do get. It's sweet and creamy, but the lavender and white tea notes add a slight herbal tone that keep the scent from being cloying. I don't think I'd reach for a sweet scent like this often enough to get a bottle, but will hold onto my decant for when the mood strikes.

Really mis-matched at first, kind of like cookies and lavender, which sounds like a good thing, but not really for me.  There's a creaminess to the blend, which I'm assuming is the goat's milk.  After a bit, it melds better, and it's creamy, strong lavender.  After a bit, there's a strong resemblance to Capax Infiniti, though I like this better.  It seems to be a fast fader, but I put it on before bed, so I'll try again this evening.  It's nice, and I'm a lavender whore, so I'll use it up eventually, but I'm a bit disappointed, I thought it would be better on me.  I wished the mallow showed up, but maybe it will with time.

Wet: Creamy goat milk and marshmallow with lavender. 

Dry: Smooth, milky, creamy lavender. Comforting and dreamy, to the max. 

It probably doesn't need to be said (again), but this would be a fantastic sleep scent. This might be a bottle upgrade for me, as I can't stop sniffing my arm!

What's this? A milk blend that doesn't go sour on my skin? Wow! I definitely get marshmallow and bits of milk, the lavender is there but very softened. It's nice, I'll use up the decant for nighttime. 😃

very dry graham crackers

what? 

yes, you read that right

maybe some marshmallow burnt onto the graham crackers

and super sweet tea/milk

but the dry graham crackers takes over all and makes it a very foodie scent

So sweet and comforting. I keep thinking there's honey dust in here but it must just be the combo of goat's milk and marshmallow musk. This would be perfect for sleeping, it's pretty foodie though since I am not getting a lot of tea and just a smidge of lavender. I definitely see the graham cracker resemblance!

I think the Lilith scent Boop smells somewhat similar to this, so since I have a bottle of that I won't be upgrading.

Little marshmallow, LOTTA TEA WHOO TEA tea tea hmm, that's pretty... lavender? Marsh... Hmmm, definitely a little musky in there. But a cute musk. Mmm. Sweet and cute and light. 

I happened to find myself at a petting zoo the other day where i ran into a very touch starved goat. It smells like the goat.

That, and someone's snackin' on marshmallows and helping themselves to some milky tea very close to you. ]