Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Generation Spooky

A perfume for the creepy kids, the iconoclasts, the revolutionaries: blackcurrant, cistus, blackened sugar, and oud.

Sugared blackcurrant oudh. This one is a sugary blackcurrant perfume. The oudh gives it that inky perfumed edge, the blackcurrant brings that fruity aspect, and the sugar sweetens and ties it all together. Perfect for those young goths in your life. Great throw and wear length.

I for one joyfully embrace my generation's new moniker.

Sweet, sugary, gummy-bear-esque blackcurrant, herbal cistus, and inky, musky oudh (if you're afraid of oudh, try this one out - very gentle). Candy and woods.

I went back and forth on getting this one and I'm definitely happy I went for it!

Blackcurrant and cistus. A most sophisticated, almost jammy, fruit scent. I'm not getting as much of the sugar. The scent almost has this 'wet' quality to it, though I'm not sure where it's coming from.

On 11/5/2019 at 10:33 AM, monocainsheresy said:

(if you're afraid of oudh, try this one out - very gentle). 

Totally agree that this is a perfect oudh gateway sniff. 

I found it to be youthful smelling, but not in the sense that you're wearing a perfume meant for a teen. But, it would also be really rad for certain teens.

On me, the sugar when wet was almost cloying, but after about 5 minutes it settles down into a nice sugar dusting. It's not overpowering; it basically acts like a nicely torched crème brulee shell on me, and sweetens up the oudh. 
The blackcurrant is gorgeous, and I also agree with the "jammy" vibe of it. 

I'm really glad I picked up a bottle, and might go back for another.