Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A perfume of Southern California winter: white sage, lavender buds, sugarbush, squished toyon berries, mugwort, wild rose, black walnut bark, and crunchy oak leaves drifting on a morning breeze.

This one is a melange of white sage, berries, rose, oak leaves, and a whiff of morning breeze. It's a bright winter morning, not cold, slightly floral, slightly woody, outside. It's so encapsulates a Southern CA winter. Medium throw and wear length.

Definitely get the crisp breeze, it is not overly cologney. On top is a smidge of the wild rose surrounded by the sage, sugarbush and mugwort. I get zero lavender, very little leaves and zero berry. Nice, sort of atmospheric. Not sure how much I would want to wear it. Ill try again before swaps

After this has settled for a while this is an extremely pleasant blend. The wild rose is truly beautiful and you need to know it is NOT a normal rose scent. It is light and airy and not too sweet. Everything else sort of becomes a supporting background. It is an experience of being outside in the fall before first frost has come, without any dead leaf in it.

Try it.

The only reason I didn't try Bullseye last year was because there were so many lavender scents in the Lilith update that I eliminated a few from my list that I thought I'd be less likely to love.

I shouldn't have skipped this one.

Bullseye starts off strong on the mugwort, accompanied by the lavender and wild rose, making me think of two other scents I really enjoy: The Hypnotic Eye atmo and Hypnotize Me. The mugwort ends up calming down after a bit, I can smell the breeze and the walnut bark note in the background. The scent ends up becoming creamier and sweeter over time, with the wild rose taking the center stage, and when this happens, I get serious Meditation Buddy vibes (I think they share the same rose and lavender notes, but that's where the similarities end). This also feels meditative, but in a different way, and I think that may be due to the sage and mugwort in this one.

I enjoy this way more than I thought I would and will definitely be holding on to my decant! :) I may even try to hunt down a bottle in the future, because if I use this as a sleep blend, the decant will be gone in no time!