Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Leather, wood chips, grass and a whiff of lavender. This is mainly a leather/wood chips blend on me. Very gender neutral, good throw and wear length.

Boots starts out surprisingly sharp on me.  Sharp wood chips, sharp new leather, bright green grass and bright herbal lavender.  Bracing and almost aggressively outdoorsy, like it's begging you to go on a hike.  Also kind of unusual -- I don't have anything else quite like this, and the grass never went soapy as it sometimes does on me.  Ultimately the conifer chips softened and sweetened and the leather became the dominant note.  Leather and wood chips, like z_z says, like the woodsman in a fairy tale.  I'm very fond of leather blends and this one is terrific on me.  

I fucking love Boots.

I wanted to try this because I, too, love wearing boots with everything all of the time. But I didn't think this would actually work on me. I just thought it would be an interesting, atmospheric sort of lavender blend, something that might work well as a room scent, but would not be that nice on my skin. Well, I was wrong!

It does start off with a blast of lavender, sawdust, and grass, with some wood chips thrown in for good measure. The leather ends up peeking out later and becomes the dominant note on me, and it's the same leather note found in Outlaw. So if you love the leather in that one, you should totally try Boots.

I could not stop sniffing my arm. I'm going to have to grab a bottle of this before it goes away. :heart: 

I agree with Lucchesa, this is aggressively outdoorsy! Much more rugged than I was expecting, it has the sharpness of fresh wood chips and new leather (but luckily isn't going too chemical on me). I get bright green grass and the lavender hasn't been drowned out by the other notes either, but here isn't very soothing but rather adding the outdoorsy feel. 

I really, really wanted to like Boots, since it has so many notes I like (leather, grass, wood, lavender), it's gotten great reviews, and I have my own pair of Doc Martens that I wear all the time. This seemed like a sure winner! Alas, it just doesn't work on me. I don't get almost any lavender at all. The grass here isn't the sweet, mown lawn kind found in Queen's Croquet Ground; it's bitter, like someone crushed some ivy leaves in their hands. The dust note is STRONG on me, and it's not really pleasant. I don't smell any leather either, not for a loooong time. Opening the bottle, I'm hit with a woody, bitter, dusty smell. As it dries, the wood becomes stronger. After half an hour of dry-down, it's almost nice! There's a little leather peaking out, and it combines well with the wood. It's still kinda head-achy and dusty on me, though. And it's not worth getting through the powerfully bitter, green smell at the beginning. My search for the perfume grass/leather combo continues. 

I picked up a leftover of this last year and have been periodically testing it. It can take me a long time to decide if scent works for me. Most of them don't, but I kept testing this one, and recently it just clicked. The lavender is soft. The leather is nice and refined. Every once in a while I get that grass note, but it's fleeting. I could swear there is a touch of vanilla sweetening and softening the blend. Maybe it's my skin chemistry that makes it work so well, but this has become an HG scent for me and I am resisting the urge to put out the call for unwanted bottles so I can hoard it!

Edited by warriortwo