Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

And Sing, And Sing

Tuberose, lavender, and a whiff of moss. This is a lavender-moss base, with notes of tuberose and musk. It's a wispy, haunting, floral. It curls around you. Great throw and wear length.

The sugared tuberose and lavender are the stars here at first, with the sugared tuberose winning out over the lavender. Over time, the moss and musk emerge, making it a musky, sweet floral scent.

I wish the lavender had lasted longer on me and that the tuberose wasn't as loud, but y'know, that's tuberose for you. That said, this was sweeter than In Hel, We Feast on Sugar Packets on me, so if you are looking for a sugary floral scent and love tuberose, try this.

Edited by doomsday_disco

My skin chemistry took a big turn in the last year, but even so i was anxious about the sugar in this amping. On me, however, it's not particularly sugary!  The lavender is the strongest note by far, with the slightly sweetened tuberose coming in underneath it.  White musk and mosses ground this and make it feel especially moonlit.  I haven't tried them side by side, but it is very similar to Lullaby from the Crimson Peak line.  That's one of my all-time favorites, so I'm loving it.  Like that one, I love to put this on at night.

So this for me (unsurprisingly) is basically all sugared tuberose. Florals of most types seem to amp on me.This is definitely sugared but not foody at all. Next is the white musk, it is almost a crystalline musk for me actually. Pretty sheer and very airy. Then, faaaar down the scent, are the lavender and mosses. Pleasant and way better on me than most florals, will probably keep my decant, but no need to upgrade to a bottle white florals are not my normal thing.

Edited by Deceitfuldescender

In the imp: lavender, moss, and sugared rose - basically what it says on the tin

Wet: tuberose and lavender, the comforting smell I associate with my grandmother's blankets. A beautiful and sleepy scent, perfect for wearing while there's a storm outside.

Dry: more tuberose than lavender, which was slightly disappointing, and a lot more delicate than I had thought it would be on first application. The sugared musk lasts longest; the lavender (which is my favourite part and the reason I bought this) is gone forever after only a few hours.

Overall, this is a mild scent with a pretty short lifespan of 6-ish hours.

Stars: ★★★★

This makes me think of fae things and moonlight. In the bottle it's all fluffy/airy lavender to me, but on the skin becomes more about the tuberose. The tuberose is sweet, smooth, and ethereal. The sweetness fades a bit as it sits, and the airy lavender and moss come in. It adds a cool greenish tone. The white musk is very soft. The whole effect is soft, cool, sweet, and ethereal. 

This started out very perfumey/cologney then dried down to a white, clean, and floral perfume with a bit of fresh moss to temper it. It's just okay on me, maybe a bit too bright and powdery on me but I can still get good use out of this. 

Edit: about a month later the lavender really is apparent now!

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Starts off with a strong herbal lavender.  It dries down to a soft, cottony tuberose.  Tuberose smells like a plug-in or laundry detergent on me, tropical ones.  This is a really good smelling detergent.  I wouldn't be mad if my sheets smelled like this at night.  I think the moss is helping to keep the tuberose from being too loud and a little more soft and cottony than normal.