Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Isolde (unreleased prototype)

This was a prototype released via the Lab's ebay page. Puddin' described it as "It smells good" on the BPTP FB page which announced the ebay auctions.

The prototype came in a cobalt blue bottle, with a white label, handwritten "Isolde", and the tag of "not for sale".

When you first open it up and on wet, it smells like white florals. Which isn't something that really has a great shelf life, and my guess is that this is an early prototype, pre-2005. AND THEN LET'S START THE MORPHING POWER RANGER DRIVE, SHALL WE?

I get this bourbon vanilla that sort of erupts underneath the white florals, which are fading into oblivion. It's rich, sweet, and vanilla. Maybe its also vanilla flower? Who knows.  Then this marshmallow like note starts to develop underneath the vanilla, and I'm left with a sweet, marshmallow-vanilla, but yet still gives the vague white flower impression. As if you took marshmallows and made them into vanilla flowers. The throw is low, even skin low, but honestly, if my skin smelled like vanilla marshmallow flowers, it wouldn't fucking matter and given the age, I'm impressed it even has that much.

So I got this because growing up, Tristan and Isolde were my favorite Arthurian pairing. Which I blame a summer reading class on when I was 13, and fairly impressionable, so I thought it was horribly romantic. Now that I think about them and their story, its got so many issues, that I can't even begin where to start.