Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Tuberose & Mango

In the bottle this is tuberose dominant. The mango is very light. Almost just a fruity character that doesn't specifically seem like mango to me.

If I didn't know any better, at first on my skin I would think that this is tuberose single note. It's a lovely tuberose, but no detectable mango.

After very long drydown, the mango comes forth. Tuberose is still the central player, though. I like it, but I'd prefer more of a balance with the mango.

that is a scent, holy fuck. A little of the oil got on the outside of the bottle when it was being poured and the entire box from the Lab was perfumed with it.

In the bottle (and outside it): Heavy tuberose but with fruit notes underneath to sweeten it and round it out — tuberose can occasionally go a bit screechy. Goes on as a mango floral, which is interesting. The two notes balance out almost evenly as it dries. Once dry, it’s almost all tuberose again.

Gorgeous and surprisingly complex; not as much throw as I’d like. Might be the weather. Happy I took a chance on this.

mmMmMMmM this is delicious. i get mango and tuberose in equal parts, a combination that is warm and sensual and fun and playful. it has a sort of honeyed aspect to it as well. sexy and glamorous and understated. i will get a bottle and tuck it away for warmer weather

Wet: Lots of tuberose, and a little mango. 

Dry: This one didn't really morph on me, and stayed pretty identical to the wet stage. Tuberose? Loud and present! Mango? There, but not AS there.  The mango definitely gives this a tropical vibe that I'm digging, but I wish that mango was just slightly stronger.

Either way, I think I'll hold on to my decant!

This is very pretty.  I get more tuberose than mango, but the fruit is there making this even more lush and tropical.  It's got the feel of fruit when it's so ripe and sweet, it's almost off.  I don't mean that in a bad way .  It's NOT rotten smelling, just like - that last minute ripeness.  This is light weight and will be beautiful for summer when I want something simple but a little unusual.  Glad I took a chance on it.

*Note: I applied this after I’d tried The Lights of Men’s Lives earlier in the day. Since that had faded, I washed it off and decided to review another imp.

First Sniff: What it says on the tin: gentle rose with some sunny mango underneath. 

Initial Wet Application: Sweet, sugary mango, woohoo!

Dry Down (first 15 minutes): As this dried, it went all soft rose on me which is disappointing. I hope the happy mango comes back!

My Reaction: I wouldn’t have thought to pair rose with something so tropical, but this somehow works. The rose is gentle and lovely while the mango is the wild child with fruity, sunny goodness. I just wish the throw was stronger!

Rating: 3

Wet: Sticky sweet mango candy and pink rose 

Dry: All the mango disappeared. =( The pink rose is still sweet on its own.

I like these together.  Just wish it stayed like it did wet longer on my skin.