Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Red Amber & Oud

From in the bottle to the long drydown, this one is lovely. It's a very warm skin scent. Something about it reminds me a little of Smut. The amber and oud seem balanced, and the amber's red character is very present. I don't get any barnyard or fecal scent to the oud, and neither did my partner, who is a little sensitive to that kind of note. It's a musky/woody oud, but the musk doesn't step over that line into dirty.

It lasts a good long while, too. I put it on at 7am, and it's still easily detectable 12 hours later.

Amber with a whiff of oudh, which gives it oddly enough an odd mint/licorice note to it. WTF skin chemistry. Low throw and wear length.

I bought this because I recently got into ouds and ambers and wanted to give BPAL's ambers and ouds another try. Sadly, it was not love. The amber is heady and resinous, and although the oudh is nicely dark and earthy, it has a low throw and the amber seems to over-power the oud.

Red Amber oudh

then

oudh red amber

into 

Oudh (red amber?)

This is a lovely woodsy oudh, a tiny bit musty or something slightly funk (not poo), and I think it’s the amber that keeps it in line.

On me, the amber is rich and strong to begin, then it melds toe-to-toe with oudh, and finally oudh remains with an assumption of amber. 

It’s kind of perfumey, warm, and sensual.
I’m so enjoying it! If I didn’t already have a really great oudh SN, I’d hunt a bottle down. 

This is wonderful. It goes almost incense-y on my skin, very woodsy, smokey and rich. Weirdly enough, it almost has a red musk quality to it but a bit softer. Moderate throw. It lasts forever on me. I went to bed wearing it and woke up still able to smell it the next morning. No weird "poo" notes or anything like that. This is something I'd wear out to a nice dinner (when I'm doing that sort of thing again) or on a date. My husband really loved this on me, too.