Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Lime & White Musk

My skin completely ate this up.

When starting it was 100% lime. Real lime. Or more like just squeezed lime juice. Bright, slightly astringent maybe. It only dulled the slightest bit but then was gone within 15 minutes. I'm awkwardly sitting here huffing my arm but I can't smell anything. There was maybe a hint of white musk in th last stage before disappearance but it didn't really appear on me.e

In the bottle: Limes! Freshly squeezed lime juice; the musk is barely detectable. Once I put it on, my skin starts amping the white musk like whoa. After a brief vaguely-like-cleaning-product stage, this settles down to a soft white musk with just a bit of lime giving it a more tart undertone. I imagined something like Villain, but the end result leans a lot more traditionally feminine. Light-to-medium throw. Glad I took a chance on this and want more Duets now.

This is not for me. Upon first application, I get mostly white musk, with a touch of lime, but it's really sharp smelling and reminds me of rubbing alcohol. Like I can tell it's meant to be lime and musk, but it went wrong on my skin. As it wears, I get a nice, plain white musk scent, but only when the lime is completely gone, which happens fairly quickly.

On 11/4/2019 at 12:51 PM, doomsday_disco said:

WHITE MUSK and lime. Seriously, this is mostly white musk with a squeeze of lime on me. It stays close to the skin.

I was hoping for more lime.

Yah, I came here to write the same thing. It’s nice and I’m glad I got to try it, but dang, I wish there were more of that real, fresh lime.

Startlingly invigorating like getting hit in the face with a musk-soaked lime. Loud, sharp, heavy throw. Smells more like lime zest than lime fruit, but either way it's eye-watering to the point that I can't wait for the drydown, even after a few months in the closet. Maybe in six more months...