Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Dreams Shape the World

Slumbering minds drift off to planes of fancy that exceed reality once known. Inverted thoughts and blissful winks can shift as drastically to shrinking cries and somber sobs. Worlds left teetering outside of the waking hours. 

When I first sniffed this from the bottle, I was met with something not only subtly sweet but something mellow and wafting. I was reminded in part of a serene section found in a botanical gardens that lured me further into its depths. 

Wet on the skin: Jarring and immediately I was thrusted from my sense of known comforts. Eyes closed and I could see a landscape alien to the daily world I see. Curiosity made me want to slip further into this and not look back until the last moments played out. 

Dry on the skin: What was once jarring is now so enticing. A wanting comfort of the familiar yet unfathomable drifts along my senses. The lavender and musk bring the most subtle qualities to this while the amber and sweet agarwood keep it light and welcoming. The longer it wears the more I feel myself wanting to indulge the whims of the moment regardless of what may come next. 

Final thoughts: This is a scent that truly invokes a feeling of being taken to a new realm of possibilities and wonder. Even as I write this, I feel a warmth and glow blanketing me. 

The throw is not wide for this scent but it does make its presence known. Like any dream, it does not need to be bold to leave a lasting impression. I am excited to wear this on those night where I feel restless and I need the blanketing touch of Dream of the Endless to coax me to his domain.

This one is a dreamy lavender to me. Serene, and yet, with the agarwood lurking in the background. You know, to remind you that nightmares are dreams too.

The throw is small, and its not so much a sleepy lavender, but it contains that quality.

Soft and sort of.... Soapy? That might just be how the amber reads on first wear for me. There's a bite it posesses on the dry down, something sharp lingering in the background that you almost don't notice. Definitely a lavender- but less dreamy and more disorienting. This would probably make a good bedtime scent. 

Botanical, herby lavender suspended in a delicate sweet musk. The amber is there, but it's a bottom note that is undetectable in the bottle and only shows up on my skin if I inhale deeply. This might be a good nighttime blend - TKO frequently gives me vivid and weird dreams, and I think this will do the same.

A pure, clean antiseptic lavender in the bottle and wet on skin. As it dries down, it warms and sweetens a bit, likely because of the musk. It's not like the sugared lavender of TKO, it's not foodie-sweet like that. It's more like the lavender in my beloved Safari- I get the real sense that this is a scent less about just smelling nice, but that I will mostly be wearing this to bed, to help bring on delicious sleep.

I love lavender and amber and the fact that this is a Gaiman scent, so I went for it. But alas, it does not work on me.

I have tested it twice, and both times, the oudh ruined the party. The glorious lavender is accompanied by a strong, stinky variety of oudh. My boyfriend said it smelled like "funky butt" and recoiled whenever he got a whiff of it. So if oudh is problematic for you, you may want to try and see if you can hunt down a decant of this before committing to a bottle.

Sadly, I'm going to have to destash this.

This is beautiful. I might be biased as I’m a massive fan of the comic, but this is definitely a dreamy, heightened lavender. Think Once Upon a Time or Lilith’s HG lavender. 

So, while not sweet, there is something that softens the herbal aspect - amber for sure but the musk is there as well.

So beyond happy I blind bottled and the label art from David Mack is gorgeous.

Edited by sarandipitee

I had to get this, as it's Morpheus from the Sandman. Even if I don't like this, I'm keeping the bottle.
Wet: medicinal sharp lavender cut with warm amber and musk. Gosh. This is very nice.
Dry: A slightly unsettling lavender and warm musk and maybe some floral oudh, never quite evening out. Has a hint of something like carrot seed in it, too. Reminds me of something else I've tried recently but I can't bring to mind what it is. Anyway, very good, honestly, I love the slightly acrid lavender tone over that warm deep background.

I impulse bought this and the Death scent when they first popped up on the site. I was immediately taken aback at the whiff of oudh in the bottle, but after settling it seems to have chilled out. Or maybe I'm not as averse to oudh and it's MY skin chemistry that has calmed down. Either way, this has aged gorgeously. 

In the bottle it's a wet and heavy dark lavender, with the slightest fecundity, like a freshly mulched flowerbed after a heavy rain. 

On my skin, the wet damp oudh is balanced by the aggressive lavender, and the first few moments make me think of a warm and wet kind of rot, not indolic but the kind of funk that means something is growing in your water barrel. fortunately that battle fights itself out without any grimaces and as it dries, a soft and close to the skin sexiness comes forth. 

On me, the drydown smells like a sensuous sweet cologne, with the amber and lavender a dreamy combo against the crystal latticework of the musk. I want to cuddle up with this, smelling it reminds me of the caress of a lover in my dream, face poorly defined but the sensation of their embrace tangible if I close my eyes. A sultry and comfy blend, more ambiguously lavender in the end than I was expecting, and more of a warm softness compared to the sugary sweetness of TKO. 

This is a lovely tribute to the lord of dreams. Some of the individual notes pop out when freshly applied - a true herbal lavender, a shot of sophisticated oud - then everything swirls together to transport you somewhere else entirely. The sweet agarwood settles in at the center of this scent, intertwining with warm amber and subdued lavender to tug at your heartstrings, while white musk sparkles around the edges. It seems like it could disintegrate into powder at any moment, but it stays soft and true and skin close.