Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Sorcerer

A golden, sparking surge of raw, wild magic: waves of amber, frankincense, red cacao, blood orange, and lavender touched by demonic incense and dragon’s blood.

This is an incensey dragon blood's blend with frankincense and amber. Tasty, incensey, good throw and wear length. Sort of wild?

Sampled my sister's imp of this. I also love the sorcerer class, so I was excited to try it! This was a morpher on me; smelled the frankincense at first, then it faded to this lovely orange and red cacao scent, but then the lavender came out and mixed with something and it ended up smelling kind of like sunscreen on me. Interesting overall, but not something I think I can wear well. It's great on my sister, though.

Sorcerer contained way too much dragon's blood for my comfort zone.  It's the only note here that really doesn't work for me, particularly in its incense form, and that was primarily what I got here. A little lavender and citrus at first, a little cacao and frankincense after that, but it settles into dragon's blood incense pretty quickly and doesn't budge on me from there.  Of course it lasted really well on me.  There are lots of wins in the new RPGs for me, but this isn't one I can wear.  If you love dragon's blood, go for it!

I bought this because it contains some of the same notes as LE Cock Stamen. I am not disappointed! Smells like a lavender version. The cacao lends some warmth, & the lavender has a touch of spice. Loving the dragon's blood & incense notes. Plan to make this a night time scent.

Sorcerer is primarily nag champa incense on me with touches of lavender and orange. Dragon's blood can be a problematic note for me, but I didn't have any issues with it here -- probably because my skin amped the nag champa incense so hard.

It's not something I need a bottle of, but I'll probably hang on to the imp to see how it layers with some other RPG scents.

Man, this is pure magic to me. In the imp, it was delicious, wild incense swirling with orange.

My skin loved dragon's blood and vice versa. It smells so heady on me. Usually the lab's lavender note is kind of awful on my skin, like gym socks. Thankfully, it does not do that here. It is a lot more true floral and plays really nicely with the orange, to the point I'm considering trying to make a tea blend with notes of each. I bet it would taste delightful.

Lots of throw. On the dry down, it's swirling incense and soft amber. Gosh, this is gorgeous. Some of the RPG perfumes are really great class interpretations, This is one of those for sure.

Bottle: Primarily lavender and blood orange with just a touch of cacao.
Wet: As in bottle, but with a bit of the incense and dragon's blood coming in.
Dry: Incense-y dragon's blood cooled by lavender and sharpened by orange.
Overall: An apt interpretation of the sorcerer class - as ajansuz mentioned, it has a swirling vibe. This is one of my favorite scents for unwinding after A Day™, since it comes off as simultaneously soothing, uplifting, and grounding. 

In the imp: I definitely smell the incense

wet: it’s musky and I get the frankincense 

dry: it melds and basically reminds me of a metaphysical store or one the stands from a pagan festival. It also lasts most of the day 

In the imp, this is a swirling incense, I definitely get the frankincense. It's almost woody. On my skin the other notes come out a bit, but not in a identifiable way. Just the blend opening up, more smoky-sweetness an herbal tinge. Looking at the notes I can now pin the lavender, it's quite dry and subdued. I'm surprised to see dragon's blood, as that usually goes very sweet, almost cherry cough syrup like on my skin, but I'm getting none of that. All the notes blend very well and dry it's just a super mysterious swirly incense scent. It's quite unique and I'm doing a poor job of describing it. 

Well this is quite simply the best nag champa-type perfume I have ever smelled.

Smoky and sweet. Excellent powdery dragon's blood, a bit of the sharpness of the amber and frankincense, whiffs of Villain-type lavender, and a generous squeeze of blood orange juice. No cocoa, which I am very happy about as I am allergic and every other part of this scent sounded perfect. And it is!

I received this frimp in my latest order and OMG it is such a perfectly "me" scent! I had not considered this one, but it is going into my list for a future bottle.

On my skin I get a smoky scent that is a gorgeous blend of incense, dragon's blood, and a hint of lavender. Love this one!! 

In the imp: Spicy-herbal and resinous, with the lavender very prominent and medicinal-smelling. There's something sweet stopping the whole thing from smelling too sharp, but it's buried under all the other, pushier notes. I think it might be the blood orange and/or the dragon's blood, which has always read strongly cherry-vanilla to my nose, but I can't tell which.

Wet: A big flash of woozy-sweet lavender, like The Dream or Good Morning, London, quickly gives way to an absolutely glorious blood orange and amber, with more than a whiff of incense. I wish I was getting more of the cacao, though.

Dry: The blood orange burns off after an hour or two, leaving mainly amber and omnidirectional incense/resins with maybe just a hint of cherry-vanilla dragon's blood.

Starts off as sweet amber resin, glowing red dragon's blood incense, and hints of something herbal (the lavender? but doesn't really smell like lavender, just 'herbs').
I love that first ten minutes on my skin where it's a sweet, warm, complex scent and the red dragon's blood makes it feel like it's glowing with power. 
Then the drydown gets very heavily powdery and dusty and the scent takes on a thick, cloying sweetness.  I don't like ambers that turn to powder and this one definitely does on my skin. 
I get zero orange and no distinct lavender, but the cocoa powder might be adding to the heavy, powdery sweetness.
Smells more dusty/dirty over time and I scrubbed it off at the one hour mark because it was unpleasant to me.

I had such high hopes for this one, because I adore incense scents especially when they have cacao. But, unfortunately, this didn't work on me from the get go. It started off as a mild incense, with a heavy background of lavender soap. Once it dried down, all incense notes were gone, and I could only smell soapy lavender--the kind of soapiness that is so strong that you can taste it. I had to scrub it :(