Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Psionicist

This one is one of the stranger ones I've tried in the sense that this smells like watery musk. You get a mentholic vapor tinge on wet, but then it dries to what seems like an almost electric water musk. I mean, I suspect that water that an electric eel just zapped would sort of smell like this. Very gender neutral. Good throw and wear length.

Wet: It smells like lightening and water.  It definitely has a tinge of ozone and then there comes the mint. This glorious mild mint, with ozone, and water and lightening.  It is legitimately magical!

:wub3::wub3::wub3:

I get a really soft watery mint, not very chilling or mentholic. The eucalyptus is so very soft as well, with a faint snap of ozone. To me this is a steady electric buzz rather than a jolt. This will definitely be upgraded to a bottle . 

Edited by roseus

The note list for Psionicist starts out like my list of death notes, so I knew this would not work on me.  I prefer not to wear mint or eucalyptus, and white musk is usually not good on me either.  I can see where this might be appealing if you like these notes.  It's not sharp or mentholic, more cool and a little otherworldly, and it lasted well on me.  

Psionicist is a eucalyptus-y, mint-y scent on a bed of powdery musk and pale frankincense. It's a refreshing, clean scent that isn't bracing: eucalyptus leaf isn't as strong as straight-up eucalyptus, and white mint is one of the softer varieties.

This would pair well with Screeching Revenant or Juniper Mint HG (but especially the former).

I don't need a bottle, but I will be hanging on to my imp for RPG layering purposes and for the days that I feel I need a refreshing, clean sort of scent.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Misty mint. I am really picky about eucalyptus and mint because they can be so overpowering, but this is lovely! I agree with other reviews that this is kind of watery and electric; it has zing to it, but is light and almost ethereal. Will definitely hang onto my imp, at the least. 

Edited by feyofthefellwood

Important: This needs time to settle on your skin.

Wet, this is a revolting, screechy generic perfume smell.

After dry down, it becomes a light, slightly sweet (frankincense), eucalyptus and ozone scent over a clean, thin musk.

I find something about it to be antiseptic and clinical and headache inducing, but on the right person it would smell delicately ethereal and unsettling.

I was worried this wouldn't work for me since in general, I don't like eucalyptus on me--too medicinal--and mint usually fades very quickly. Frankincense also tends to go sweet on me in a way I find cloying.  I am a gamer, though, and so I have been a total sucker for trying all of the RPG scents. In the vial this is truly a scent interpretation of psionic energy, crackling and cool. Wow, does it zing!

When it's first on my skin, it's like being hit with a refreshing blast of electric cool aquatics. To me, this is the perfect summer scent. The eucalyptus is not forward at all. It provides just a tingly hint of backdrop for watery musk, and the mint is lively. Maybe white frankincense is different enough from the lab's usual type not to do that cloying thing, because there's no hint of it here.

It dries gorgeous, not morphing much on me from the wet phase and not really fading much, either. For all of its zing, it has low throw but long staying power. I'm very glad I ignored my general dislike of some of the notes, because it works so well for my chemistry. Can't wait to try layering it with some of the alignment scents and see how it plays with them.

In the bottle this was sharp-sharp white musk with a little bit of eucalyptus. When wet on the skin I got wisps of ozone, which was fascinating -- truly the smell of air during a thunder-and-lightning storm. On me that faded quickly into eucalyptus and mint.

On its own, this was a little too masculine for me. However: I tried layering it with Lawful (which I really enjoy on its own) and WHEW are the two together ever beautiful!! 

Lawful has got a clean sweetness to it when dry, and together they are crisp sweet watery goodness. A lovely combo for hot, humid days.

I bought a fresh imp of this from the lab.  In the bottle, it smelled like men's shaving cream.

Two wand-swipes on my skin continued to smell like men's shaving cream.  The dry down also smells like men's shaving cream.  Hours later, it still smells like men's shaving cream.

I highly recommend this if you're a huge fan of men's shaving cream.

I've been avoiding this imp because it smells like an industrial solvent when wet, but it was the last one left to test, so I took the plunge.

It's intense. I'm getting spearminty ozone with a hint of gasoline. There's a tiny bit of spicy man cologne, but mostly it smells like something toxic. Off to scrub.

This smells almost exactly like the eucalyptus bath salts I used to use. That note is the most dominant along with the mint. It's very comforting and clean, but sometimes it does smell closer to cleaning supplies. When it was wet, it really resembled baby powder but now I'd say it's closer to cologne. Throw is pretty strong, very nice for the summertime. 

Definitely won't be upgrading, but it's not too bad! Will keep my imp.

In the imp: A zingy and clean blast of eucalyptus and ever-so-slightly-sweet mint. I know this sounds like a one-way ticket to Cleaning Fluid Town, but right now it's just refreshing and pleasant. (Or maybe it's the muggy, hot, smoke-laden day that's making me crave anything cool.)

Wet: It starts out as a much stronger eucalyptus note with less mint and MUCH more frankincense, but after half a minute or so an unpleasantly soapy note emerges; I can both taste and smell it. Luckily, that settles down after another couple of minutes into a mild eucalyptus note backed up by some white musk. Throw is decent and almost entirely eucalyptus.

Dry: A surprisingly low-key cologne-like scent, soft eucalyptus toned down by gently resinous frankincense and white musk (and maybe blue musk? I don't have a great scent profile for blue musk). It's now wearing much closer to the body, and I'm surprised by how chill (heh) it feels, given the number of notes that tend to go high-pitched and shrieky on me.

In the imp: Um. Minty eucalyptus soap. 

On my skin: 

Wet, it's lots of soap, with mint becoming more apparent as it dries. 

Ope, nope, thirty minutes later, and we're back to minty soap. 

I'm calling it: This one is a fail on me. Part of that is due to my preferences, I'm sure, as I don't like to smell like mint or eucalyptus generally. (This was a Lab frimp.) And the soap? Maybe that is part skin chemistry. 

The blue-white musk is the most readily recognizable part of the scent for me, both on my skin and in the bottle. It’s a soft, almost-but-not-quite powdery smell. It’s overall very cool (the mint and eucalyptus at play) and quite refreshing. The mint/eucalyptus element adds quite the zing in contrast to the soft nature of the musk, which is almost like ozone. I can just make out a touch of frankincense as it dries down.

I really like this one. It’s soothing, but also makes me feel a little more alert . It's both ethereal and wispy. Great for studying or anything of that nature. Very enjoyable stuff!

Edited by Claire-of-the-Valley

This is sinus clearing at first.  I smell it and can kind of feel it stinging all the way up into my eyes.  Good old eucalyptus and a very bright, chilly mint.  I also smell something lemony and sweet, which is maybe the variety of frankincense used, and it goes just a wee bit soapy and aquatic before settling into the drydown.  The drydown isn't soapy on me at all, but more creamy, smooth and cool toned.   I was worried about the white musk being sharp, but the musk has a creamy, mellow, cool feeling to it.  Over time, this is a really pretty, chilly, clean yet sweet type of scent that makes me think of frozen ponds and snow on a quiet day.  The blue musk and white mint reminds me of the discontinued blend Silence and the feeling that Silence gave me.

This is very spa-like, cooling, creamy and serene and I actually think that I want a bottle of it, which is surprising because I was sure that it was going straight to my giveaway pile based on the notes list.