Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Berzerker

This just smells like forest musk. You get that fur smell, musky, and the juniper sort of makes me think of the forest? I think either Black Forest or the Jersey Devil smell similar, but this one is muskier. Medium throw and wear length.

Berzerker is trees, trees with broken branches, trees animals have rubbed against while rutting.  There is a faint tang of blood and soft leather, but they are definitely in the background -- don't be scared off by this if leather is not your thing, it isn't strong here at all.  Also, juniper is the one evergreen note I shy away from, but in combination with the poplar it is somewhat tamed here, more like "evergreen" than "juniper" or "gin."  This one definitely leans manly though I enjoyed wearing it, as someone who often gravitates towards unisex scents.  Zanzoku_Zen's "forest musk" is an excellent description.  

My sister let me sample this one, and I liked it much more than I expected. Where I grew up, the forest was mostly juniper and pinyon pine, and the juniper in this really gives me a nostalgia trip. It's fresh and woodsy and realistic. I agree that this one leans a bit manly, but it's very pleasant and would probably be fun to layer.

In the vial it's sharp evergreen with animal musk and a tinge of blood. I am not to sure about how it will play with my skin chemistry. Blood notes on me are typically a little too real and not in a sexy or nice way.

Wet, it's the poplar that comes up on me way more than juniper. It's a rather dry, wood scent. The leather is the leather in Sade, and it amps quite a bit. Thankfully, the blood does not amp on me for once, and the musk isn't overpowering.

This stays a skin scent throughout. I get almost no throw. After a few hours, it's a hint of forest and nothing more. I like it, but I have other similar scents I like more.

In the imp: Juniper, the sharp metal from the axe, musky leather.

On me: I'm getting the above notes, but it smells sharper on me since my skin chemistry doesn't handle metallic notes very well. Over time, the leather and fur notes come out more and become the dominant notes, backed by the cologne-y metal from the axe. The foresty notes, which were present at first, are barely there after several hours of wear. This scent is unisex to masculine.

Verdict: Berzerker is not a scent I would elect to wear on its own, but I'll hang on to the imp to test it out with other RPG scents.

Smells like dried blood on me. Get faint scent of the metal axe coming through but it only heightens that metallic blood smell to me. There’s quite an animalistic undertone to Berzerker. It’s a raw, primal scent that I enjoy much more on my boyfriend than on me. 

I even tried pairing it with another scent to tone down the blood smell and it just will not let up! Guess that’s the way my skin chemistry works with this particular note 🤷‍♀️

Still, it’s not an unpleasant scent, it’s just not one that I would find myself reaching for often. I see this being much more suited on men’s skin. 

Wet: Dark primal forest, and a thick musk.

Dry: Ruggedly masculine, sexy pheromone-inducing lumberjack.

In the Imp: It somehow reminds me of a perfume I used to have in a pretty, tiny bottle called White Shoulders that my mother gave me. Maybe because of a civet or musk note? But White Shoulders was a scent I did not like on me. :B 

On the Skin: On wet, super powdery and sharp to my nostrils. I let it dry to calm down...Still very powdery, but it is warm and I do smell an interesting metallic note and a bit of leather. I like leather but I'm definitely not a fan of this scent though. Smells like something that would give me a migraine. 😧 Oh, but it smells much better on my fiancé. It's more leathery on him and a bit spicy even. :) I'd buy a bottle of this for him. ❤ 

Edited by Luna Fatale
Minor misspellings :B

In the imp: A very pretty, perfumey, leather and juniper scent. It's lovely, with enough of a rough edge to make it interesting, but doesn't exactly fit my mental image of a berzerker. The juniper is a particularly nice touch - when I was ordering this scent, I was worried that it was going to boil down to Fighter 2.0, which on me smelled exactly like my elegant grandmother's fancy shoe closet. This is definitely not that - much more herbal and multifaceted. I also suspect that the "blood" in the description is dragon's blood; there's a sweetness here that I can't otherwise place, but I don't get the CHERRY-VANILLA PUNCH that I usually do from dragon's blood.

Wet: A big ol' blast of I AM LEATHER, HERE ME ROAR!, that quickly settles down into a much softer, more well-worn leather that plays well with juniper and poplar bud. Or at least, I think that's poplar bud - it's a gently green/herbal/almost floral scent, and I really like it. The sweetness that may or may not have been dragon's blood from ITI is missing, and overall it's much less "perfumey"-smelling, but it does settle down very quickly, and wears quite close to the skin. Surprisingly demure for a berzerker!

Dry: The leather goes through an unfortunate newer, kind of chemical-y phase that is indeed reminiscent of a high-end shoe closet, with some omnidirectional woods to complete the illusion, but after a little while it settles into a lovely well-worn musky leather and juniper scent strongly reminiscent of l'Idole from the 2017 Lupers, which was one of my favorites.

Surprisingly soft-spoken and demure for a berzerker - this feels more like a druid who is mostly happy sitting in their glade in their well-worn leather robe, but can go on the occasional rampage as needed. :)

@zankoku_zen summed it up well with forest musk. Cool green with warm, musky leather. The juniper and poplar are more prominent than the leather, then it swaps on my skin. I get a slight metallic tang underneath, but it's quite pleasant. Really great forest scent! 

I think the blood note is red musk, which I don't like. It quickly overhwelms the rest of the notes on me. I like the scent on initial application though, when it smells like cool, foresty leather.

This has an edge of traditional men's cologne, which I really love in a fragrance. 

It's warm, dark, worn in leather with a clean, crisp, sweet cologne quality and spiced, slightly smoky, musky-incensey thing going on, and the metallic gleam of a similary worn in axe.  I feel like there's a sweet swirl of red musk and incensey dragon's blood in here that gets stronger on me in the drydown.  The warmth of the fur works really well with the dark leather, all amber-y and cuddly.  I like when a perfume oil stays complex like this one does over hours of wear.

I've really been enjoying this scent today and it reminds me of playing a warrior in FFXIV and crashing around the forests of Gridania with my axe. 😅

I received this as a free imp with an imp I bought from someone on here!

In bottle: spicy, woody

On skin: still spicy and woody; kinda like a craft store during the holiday season.  

After a few hours: too sweet and vanilla-ey unfortunately

Ok I actually love this one. Didn’t realise I hadn’t reviewed it!! It’s so amazing, the musk plays so well with my skin, and I love red musk notes. This is a true, real warm earth and musk scent. I get no juniper berry but the longer it wears It does get sweeter- which I have no problem with but I love the initial scent. 

Beautiful warm sweet leather echoing the one in the Black Rider but slightly subdued. I get no blood, poplar bud or juniper.