Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dragon Snack

Please treat this as an impression rather than a review, as I did not test this one on my hair -- I just sprayed it once on a paper towel, since I haven't had time to give hair gloss its normal two day test (once on wet hair, once on dry) as of late.

This was mostly a soft, red patchouli backed by some sandalwood and moss to my nose. I was here for the beeswax, but I couldn't detect it at all. It kind of has a bookish sort of feel to it, like the pages of an old book instead of the book's binding, but it lacks the sweetness that those sorts of scents typically have despite the bourbon vanilla and beeswax notes listed in the description.

I didn't keep it because I know I'll always reach for Revenant Rhythm when I am wanting a patchouli-dominant hair gloss. This is kind of like a clean patchouli scent (thanks to the sandalwood and moss), and I was hoping for a little more sweetness.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Earthy, dry patchouli.  Comforting and verging on masculine.  Something about it reminds me of Pognophobia, actually.  It has sort of an animal warmth.  Not much, if any sweetness.  

ETA -This has really mellowed and smoothed out nicely. Still very patchy, but I'm getting more of the grassiness and hay. This is a dry, golden field though. Very earthy, a bit dirty. I get a smokiness on the back end, like a snuffed out candle. 

Edited by VetchVesper

I get mainly a sweet patchouli that reminds me to Silkybat actually. It's a very smooth, deep, sweet patchouli with whiffs of hay and grass. Essentially for me, this is a cousin to Silkybat. Not quite as down/dirty patch in Silkybat, but along those veins of a sweetened patchouli forward blend.

tried this on the bf and myself today

im smelling grassy notes on us, maybe a hint of the backing of the moss. the patchouli and sandalwood are playing off each other most wonderfully. a grounded woodsyness

i feel like i smell a touch of vetiver. that might be in the wild grass.

and on the bf, i could swear at the tail end i pick up the FAINTEST tiny nudge of.... peanuts.