Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A beam of hope for a happier, safer, kinder future for us all: peach and honeyed amber with frankincense, honeyed rose, white oud, apricot, and sweet musk.

Super juicy peach with rich, golden honey against a bright background of musk and slightly tart apricot. All the listed notes are evident to me. The frankincense is a little more present of a resin than the amber and seems to keep things from veering candy-like. No powdery feel on me at all. On dry-down, the rose comes out, and it is a distinctly honeyed one. 

The overall feeling is bright and sunny, happy, and joyful, which is what they were going for. It’s youthful without being childlike. I think this is my favorite peach blend that I’ve encountered so far.

Sweet, honeyed peach. The rose is in the background, and feels very minimal during drydown. It seems like the oud gives this a bit of woodiness. There's a slight powerderiness with my chemistry, which I'm sure is the amber. For someone who is wanting something super fruit-forward, I'd suggest testing it first. It is evocative of peach, but with all the other notes, I can see this disappointing some people. Overall, I'm sure the majority of people will love it, though.

I did try layering it over Daddy, but I don't have phenomenal feedback to report.

Edited by torikitty

Smooth woody frankincense with sweet peachy musk and honeyed rose. This is beautiful on me--a gentle scent that makes me feel happy. ❤️  Edited to add that it dries down into a lovely honeyed peach musk.

Edited by ellocentipede

I'm usually cautious about peach blends, since it amps slightly on my skin, but this peach is well-behaved on me & I'm so glad I took a chance on it!

Wet, I notice the soft peach/apricot, softly smoky incense, and a faint sweet rose at first.

During and after drydown, all the notes come out and blend perfectly together: the oud is soft and grounding, and slightly smoky; the amber and frankincense add some warm, soft powderiness; musk is sweet and fairly light; peach and rose stay present, but the peach is well-blended and the rose is light; the honey is rich and sweet, but not overpowering.

Overall, it is sweet and creamy with a touch of powder & smoke, a bright, hopeful blend with soft strength underneath. Makes me think of a warm, golden-peach color with amber-brown at the base, like a late sunset (appropriate for the concept, I think 😉 ). This is an absolutely gorgeous honeyed incense with a serving of peach on the top, and very joyful, as others have said.

In the bottle: Peach, honey, rose, apricot, and a certain tang that must be white oud. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's very sweet and cloying. There's something about it that reminds me of cough syrup; I can only guess that is how my brain is interpreting the honeyed notes and the fruit. As it dries, the amber and frankincense come out, softening and grounding the peach and honeyed rose, which has also started to make an appearance. Oud is still present as well, offering a tang to counter the sweet notes. 

Given time, it morphs into a predominantly rose blend on me. It's honeyed rose, rounded out with peach and apricot, softened and grounded with frankincense, amber, and oud -- but rose is the star player at this point. 

On the plus side, it's a complex rose that I can wear well. (The only other scent in that category is Gypsy Queen.) On the minus... ImPEACHment is rose on me. 

The sweet smell of Impeachment--nothing sweeter!

But on me, this is not cloying, it's not even too jeune fille; it's light and floral and juicy (but not dripping). It is the perfect scent for public encounters, in part because it elevates my mood.

Just like impeachment does.

My experience with this was different from everyone else's. The peach in this was actually pretty fleeting on me; it was there at first, with a bit of honey, but the frankinense and oudh (which was not an indolic variety) quickly became the main players, making this primarily a resinous scent on me with just a hint of peach.

I guess my skin just decided to amp the resins in this one. :think: 

Fresh from the lab, and I couldn't resist trying this one out.

Peach and rose and something deep and warm, probably the musk.  Frankincense usually goes wild on me, but it's behaving in this one, and the honey and amber stay pleasantly in the background.  This is very different from what I usually wear, fruity and gentle and warm.  I can see it being an amazing summer scent because it's complex, but not heavy.  A+ I'm very glad I got a bottle.

Peach/apricot and frankincense! I'm not picking up honey or rose at all. I tend to amp honey but it behaves itself and stays almost imperceptibly quiet here. The overall scent profile reminds me strongly of Court Crows hair gloss (golden mango, apple peel, and frankincense) except with peach and a deeper musk. Soft, light, sophisticated fruit. Lovely!

ImPEACHment on me is initially very sweet musky peach, a cousin to Fae and Aglaea.  There's a warm honeyed amber and just a hint of rose, but the frankincense and oudh are silent on me.  The peach/apricot fades after three or four hours, leaving on me a soft honeyed rose-tinged amber, pretty but kind of generic.   Definitely a skin scent.  

So many people are talking about the peach playing big in this one, but for me it's the rose that comes on strong. Perhaps I amp rose? I am still learning...

I do get peach and the green, tart bite of apricot in the bottle and for about 30 seconds on my skin and then it is all honeyed rose, with a lushy background. The oud, frankincense, and musk are minor players for me.

For me this is the brightest warmest sunlit peach.  That lasts maybe half an hour, then it mellows to a bit more honey.  Still warm, happy, and optimistic.  Just what I hoped for! :)

In the bottle: Sugary peach, amber, and apricot.

Wet: Amber amping, as always! The sugar in the bottle is sharp; on my skin it rounds out to a more gentle sweetness, with a backbone of soft oudh and frankincense.

Dry: This ends up fruity without being foodie, a perfectly blended peach and apricot-lathered oudh. Surprisingly, there's not a trace of rose, which almost always run strong on me, but it's lovely even without it. 

Very long lived, over 12 hours, and with a sustained throw.

Stars: ★★★★½

I was expecting lots of peach and what I got was apricot. Like, there's peach but it's dark and musky. Definitely not juicy and sweet like you'd normally find. And honestly, not even foodie even with the apricot being fairly dominant on me. The honeyed rose appears, but not until well after drying. And wow does this last a long time, going strong about 8 hours later. I initially thought it was fading fast, but really it was the apricot calming the fuck down. If you're looking for a long lasting BPAL, this is it! However, the throw isn't very long if that's a concern too.

The oudh in here is great and not stinky, I believe this is my first time trying white oudh so I'll have to find more blends with that note. 

If you're looking for a Civil Twilight comparison (they both have peach and amber notes), I posted my thoughts here if anyone is interested.

Edited by fairybites
Added Civil Twilight comparison