Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Red Peach, Sweet Oudh, Honey & Saffron

Saffron, honey, and peach. So I think regular oudh is what is problematic on me, and sweet oudh just provides this musky delightfulness. This one is along the lines of a honeyed incense blend, because saffron, to me. Good throw and wear length.

This is gorgeous.  It's a sweet peachy incense.   Very pretty, soft and sweet without being cloying.  Added bonus- I can smell it ten hours after application.  

I swapped for this one on a whim and was pleasantly surprised.

This is indeed a peachy incense blend. All of the notes are noticeable. The honey and peach aren't cloying, and the oudh isn't the fecal variety. It starts off stronger on the honey, peach, and saffron on me, but the oudh gains strength over time, giving it that incense-y vibe. It ends up being more incense-y than peach-y on me after several hours of wear.

This will pair perfectly with White Peach and Incense HG, so I'll be hanging on to the bottle. :) 

Red Peach, Sweet Oudh, Honey and Saffron was generously frimped to me, and when I put it on I initially thought too sweet, too fruity.  But it develops into something much more complex and interesting.  There's nothing skanky about this oudh; it contributes a rich depth that's very grown up.  The saffron also helps to cut the sweetness.  This is a beautifully balanced scent and just gorgeous.  

I have a decant of this peachy delight, and slathered it on today in celebration/anticipation of the new Dragon Con scents. 

It is a great peach incense, though I don’t enjoy the scent up close for the first hour, as saffron & Oud combo goes a little plastic (eventually they start harmonizing better). The cloud that wafts around me doesn’t have any of that effect and remains a slightly sweetened woodsy meditation of peach. 
The honey isn’t very prominent at all, letting the peach shine, which I am grateful of.

Don’t know if I would ever use enough for a whole bottle, though another decant or partial I’d jump for to have this soothing fruit present a little longer in my life.