Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Patchouli & Tobacco

UGH, jesus, I didn't expect this to smell so good. Manly tobacco, whiff of patchouli, but oddly enough it ends up as sort of a bay rum/tobacco blend on me, and if I were a dude, I'd be engaged in a sordid affair right this minute. Dangerously good. Medium throw and wear length, but slaying hearts when you do catch a whiff of it.

Mmm this has that usual BPAL chewy tobacco note with a hint of patch. BPAL's patch actually works quite well on me despite not loving regular patchouli. This is an earthy cousin to French Tobacco, that gets sweeter on me as it dries down. It's still dirty tobacco but it's really nice.

Boozy tobacco and zero patchouli. I collect BPal tobacco scents and if you do not have any this would be a fun one to start with because it’s nearly single note. However, if you collect Tobacco scents it is not as lovely or as smooth as the tobacco in St Clare, Year of the Ox, or Dolly Rei perfumes or as rich as Bulgarian Tobacco or as pretty as French tobacco single notes. It is a fun scent but if you missed out on it before it sold out, there are other readily available tobaccos you would enjoy from BPal. 

I feel like the patchouli smokes up the tobacco more than I would expect. The tobacco isn't nearly as sweet as Pumpkin Tobacco. I think these 2 notes work pretty seamlessly together, so I can understand the previous poster's thoughts on it being single-note. I think most tobacco lovers would enjoy this because it's not complicated. I do feel like the patchouli edges this over to the masculine side a bit, but I think it's unisex enough for anyone to pull off.

When it dries down, the tobacco sweetens up a bit, but the patchouli very much hangs out at the back. This still makes me really happy, though.