Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dandelion & Dirt

I tested this after letting it settle for a day.

When it first arrived, the dandelion was by far the strongest note in the bottle, but after a day of rest, the dirt has become a lot more prominent, and I can smell both notes.

On me, it starts off with the Lab's lovely dandelion note over some fresh-turned earth, like a dog had been digging there (only, there is no grass). I really like this phase of the scent. But the dirt ends up gaining strength over time, and it is drier, and I think there is some patchouli in it. The dandelion, while still present, does not complement the dirt as well by this point. There's a sharpness to the scent that I'm not really enjoying, sadly.

I am going to let my bottle settle for a few weeks before trying it again. I think there's some promise here, but it may be better in a scent locket.

Dandelion and freshly turned earth. As it dries, it goes from being dandelion mostly, to dandelion and dirt, and after 8 hours, just a bit of dirt, with a whiff of dandelions.  Medium throw but great wear length.

Incredibly sharp, bright, and bitter.  In the bottle, it reminds me of wasabi mixed with black dirt.  On my skin, it smells sort of the way that dandelion *tastes* - full of bitter, bright tones and soft, black earth.  It's interesting, but I regret ordering a full bottle, because I honestly can't see myself wearing this very much at all.

Didn't get this during its original run, ended up having FOMO (because it turns out BPAL's dandelion note plays really well with me), and luckily came across a secondhand bottle. In the bottle, it's surprisingly sharp and bitter, with the fresh earth note dominant. It stays sharp and weirdly cologne-y for a time after applying. However, as it dries down, the sharpness settles quite a bit and the dandelion note I love gets more prominent. The dirt's still there, but it's much softer and better balanced. The initial stages aren't great, but it's worth powering through to the drydown stage.