Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Cardamom & Coconut

The bottle arrived yesterday and I couldn't wait to try it. Duets are quickly becoming one of my favourite types of BPAL, and coconut is one of my best notes.

It's going to sound strange, but when I first put it on, Cardamom & Coconut reminds me of a cereal I love that has coconut and turmeric in it. As much as I love to eat that cereal, that's how much I love smelling this. As it dries, it quits smelling quite as foodie and it does become a poofy, spicy cloud. I don't find it overly sweet, but just right.

Worn alone, I feel that it could enhance the mood of a hot day or embrace you warmly when the weather is cold. It could also layer beautifully with all sorts of things, like Revenant Rhythm, as I discovered when I was testing them both.

Wow, what a combo! Both together up front, just delicious. The cardamom fades and I just have the cocomut, and that’s good too.

I smell like a cookie without the sugar, butter, and foodie notes! It's heavenly coconut and cardamom with the final drydown of light, sweet cardamom. SO GLAD I GOT A BOTTLE!

Tropical coconut with cardamom swirls. Its that suntan lotion coconut smell. I swear, you would think you're at the beach. Good throw and wear length.

Very sweet and sugary coconut, I get a hint of cardamom. Sadly, on me this wasn't anything special. Coconut is one of my favorite notes, but I have other coconut scents in my collection that are more unique than this.

This is SO delicious. I am so glad that the cardamom holds its own against the coconut on my skin. It keeps it from being suntan oil. It has good throw, and it lasts such a long time. Sweet and spicy without being too gourmand. Thankfully, my skin tends to love both the coconut husk and the other kind of coconut the lab uses. It turns out so warm and inviting. This was another one that my usually coconut averse husband said he really liked on me. He could tell it was coconut, but the cardamom blended with it in a way he found very agreeable.

I like coconut in small amounts, but this is too much coconut for me. It's more suntan lotion than food on my skin. 

So much yum! :D

This is more cardamom-heavy on me - the coconut is more of a supporting note, but they blend so nicely!

The cardamom is very true to the real thing - rich, warm, and smoky with a subtle earthy quality; and the coconut is a middle of the road kind of coconut - it is not too fresh/green, nor does it smell like a bag of sweetened shredded coconut. XD

Combining them, it is definitely more of a foodie kind of fragrance, but it is not overwhelmingly sweet. It's soft yet spicy, comforting yet bold. Definitely a unique fragrance!