Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Artemis, standing in her golden chariot… driving off with her fast-trotting deer over the hills and far away to some rich-scented sacrifice: leather, gleaming golden amber, red amaranth, cypress, asphodel accord, a gleam of silver, and soft brown musk.

Wet on the skin: conflicted. Leather, amber, and musk fight for prominence, with no one winning.

Drydown: Leather seems to be winning, but the amber and musk declared a truce and seem to be getting along decently.

Not my favorite scent, although it has some of my favorite notes. Occasional wear at best.

Leather, amber, touches of white florals and coconut? I swear there's some coconut in this. So yeah, amber, coconut and a touch of leather. Feminine, yet strong. Tropical and yet not. Good throw and wear length.

This is ... gorgeous. The glowy amber is similar to the one in Bastet. And it does glow, warm and creamy and golden. The leather with the metal and asphodel give it a beautifully balanced, slightly musky mineral edge, like clean sweat. Like, natural person-smell. If that makes sense. It's fantastic. Definitely a warrior goddess giving off an aura of strength and purpose. 

There is something like coconut here, but the rough husk if anything. This is like Bastet's well-traveled warrior sister. It's comforting but strong and protective. Has a beautiful next-to-skin, almost pheromonal appeal. 

This settles gracefully. The leather and the creamy amber are in perfect balance and that hit of metal is divine. There is something beachy about this leather and I love it. I would wear this pretty much anywhere, anytime. The throw is about average. 

Sometimes it's helpful to draw comparisons to other blends, so.... I'd say that wet, this is the brown rawhide type leather from Silk Phoenix and Captain combined with the resinous vanillic amber from Bastet. Dry, I'm getting Black Rider vibes from the musk, but it's still very brown and not black, and not nearly as powdery as Black Rider tends to be on me. There's a "feeling" of Rogue here, too. That same soft worn-leather-and-skin smell, but I like this much better than Rogue for its complexity. This is truly unisex.

Edited by supreme_c0rt

Wow this one is really a surprise. I am not a big amber lover but the dry down is a powdery musk which is making me  want a bottle. The leather is brown and really subtle. Gorgeous.

In the imp I get just a gorgeous amber and leather combo. So many lovely words apply: deep, rich, warm, spiced, sweet. On my skin it is all these things, but with some dry, wispy herbal notes floating about it. The musk comes out and makes the scent more snuggly. Dry it is much the same, but with a silvery, minerally undercurrent that is so beautiful. I also agree with z_z that there might be a bit of coconut. Gorgeous scent!

Soft amber and leather with a little silver. A little bit of spices in the background.  Definitely gets powdery when it dries down, but paired with the musk I think it works well. I am also getting a touch of coconut from this as well with some florals.

Might not upgrade, but this is very pleasant and would make a lovely sleep scent.

Diana smells so lovely in the vial and when first applied. It's this lovely melange of brown musk, sweet, well-worn leather, and cypress, with a hint of metal that doesn't go cologne-y and just adds a bit of brightness to the scent. The cypress is quick to fade, leaving the leather, brown musk, and golden amber behind, which is evocative of Artemis' deer. However, over time, my skin chemistry runs away with the brown musk note and it becomes a powdery brown musk and amber scent with a hint of sweetness.

I wish it had stayed how it was during the wet phase, when the cypress was most prominent, and that it didn't end up so powdery on me. I'm going to let this one rest some more and retest it in the future, because I am not ready to give up on it yet! Thank you to the lovely supreme_c0rt for sharing this with me! :heart: 

Edited by doomsday_disco