Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Strawberry and Rosebud

This is a lovely scent! The strawberry note is juicy and realistic (very similar to the strawberry in Eat the Strawberries) and the rose is soft and a little perfumey.  I'm not sure what kind of rose this is as it is not as heady as a red rose or as sweet as a pink rose.  It's somewhere in-between. 

I love this scent and wish I had gotten more than one bottle!

This one is really lovely! In the bottle, the strawberry is pretty strong. It reminded me of Strawberry Moon 2019 at first with how strong it was. Once it was tested and dry, the rose came out more. It's sort of a powdery rose scent, not at all like The Rose (which turns into soap on me)! It's also not the sugary sweet rose of Rapture Pig. It's something in between those, which I really like. Wish I didn't just have a decant of this one!

This is pure strawberry on me. I cannot pick out the rosebud, but the scent has a certain roundness to it that I imagine comes from the rose. Unfortunately, strawberry has a tendency to smell fake and shampoo like for me and this is no exception. I was really hoping this would be more of a rose-strawberry partnership, but I imagine strawberry lovers will like it.

In the bottle, this is 100% identical to the scent of my very favorite (and difficult to acquire) flavored tea blend, which is actually what I had hoped for but did not dare to actually expect. On my skin the sweet rose puffs up considerably at first, but the juicy strawberry is still there in wings, and eventually they share the stage comfortably. I can't begin to describe how happy I am with this.

Strawberry and pink roses. If you have ever tried the Renpure Plant Based Rose Water shampoo, it smells like a stronger version of that. The shampoo also lists citrus, wild strawberry and turkish rose in its formulation. So yeah, more strawberry and more rose, but like that shampoo. Good throw and wear length.

In the imp: Mainly fruity, juicy strawberry, with some just-beginning-to-bloom rose around the edges. Both are very realistic and alive-smelling, if that makes any sense.

Wet: It quickly does a switcheroo and becomes mainly rose, with some strawberry around the edges.

Dry: Unsurprisingly, the rose outlasts the strawberry. But this isn't a "perfumey" rose - it smells like a rose garden in spring, before the heat really brings out the biggest, most voluptuous scents. It's soft, subtle, and very, very lovely.

Juicy strawberry with a little sugar and soapy, sharp rose that I'm unfortunately not that into.  Turns a little sour and lemony smelling on me in the drydown.

What? I didn't review this? 

Its awesome. Mostly strawberry with a little pink and red rose. I smell like a strawberry shortcake doll! Sweet joyous and buoyant. I notice that people's expressions soften and lighten when they stand close. Me thinks this stuff works.

I have an imp of Champagne and Strawberries that I love, so when I saw this duet, I perked up. I do love rose, even though I amp it in a big way, but I prefer a robust red rose to a youthful rosebud--still, it intrigued me.

I was lucky enough to get a bottle of this (Thanks, SophieCedar) and while I was hoping for even more strawberry, this is a sweet and happy scent. Sadly, not much longevity (in BPAL terms--in other perfumes, it would be considered to have amazing longevity)--a few hours, tops. Mostly rosebud on me but occasionally the strawberry would peep out in all its glorious lusciousness. 

Now I have to practically inhale my wrist to get a whiff, but it's pretty strawberry-like on one wrist, and more rosebuddishness on the other.  I swear I'm not making that up.

Throw is also on the downlow. But I'm still happy I bought it. It's a fun day scent.