Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Pomegranate and Vetiver

In the bottle and wet on my skin, it is a very sweet, juicy pomegranate, almost candy-like. It becomes less juicy as it settles, and there's a heady floral sweetness to it on the drydown. I think this is the vetiver coming through, although I wish it was stronger and earthier. Overall a little too sweet for me, but I think it will be fun to layer and play with. 

This one is honestly kind of sexy! It's definitely sweet, and at first it reminded me of candy. After it was dry, it made me think of a darker Persephone. It's definitely sweet, but it's more of a dark sweetness. I was skeptical when I read the notes, but I bought a decant on a whim, and now I wish I had a full bottle!

On wet, its mainly a red juicy sweet pom, and then it dries and the vetiver comes to lash it out like its doing its best De Sade impersonation. So yeah, now its a red sweet pom with a leather background? Vetiver, what are you doing? Medium throw and wear length.

This is such lovely juicy Pomegranate that I bought it just for that great note. 
What I dint' expect, as a happy surprise, was that "Aveda product" note (what is that??) that morphs out and lingers after the dry down and I love it so much.

I don't think it's just vetiver, because normally, vet has a bitter woody note I don't wear well- it can give me a headache.

This is unique and lovely and subtle but present in such a wonderful way.

So glad I bought a bottle.

In the imp: Pomegranate - dark, fruity, and juicy. It's not exactly a fruitsplosion (unlike The Red Queen, which I tried recently and started out as a CHERRY BOMB!), but it's very single-note-dominant, at least at this stage.

Wet: Still mainly pomegranate. For a little while, there was an odd waxy note, like pomegranate-scented candles, but then it morphed into...vetiver, I guess? But I agree with zankoku_zen - I get more leather than vetiver. Pomegranate and vetiver.

Dry: ...Huh. The leather note was unexpected, but so is where it ended up. A dark green, foresty blend with subtle fruity accents, not dissimilar to Druid or Bewitched. Both of which I LOVE, but I wasn't expecting to find a similar blend here.

I keep wanting pomegranate to work on me.  I want it to smell like Pom unsweetened pomegranate juice, and my skin turns it into candy.  I was hoping the vetiver would dirty it up enough to prevent the pom from going all candy on me, but no, Pomegranate and Vetiver starts out as red, vaguely berry-flavored candy.  Eventually the vetiver shows up and they play nicely for a little while before the vetiver pushes the pom out of the way and takes center stage.  The late phase is all vetiver with hints of dark, sweet-tart fruit lingering around the edges.  This stage is fantastic, but there are other ways to get to a gorgeous vetiver drydown that are more amenable to my skin.