Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Nag Champa and Neroli

Pungent incense, indeed. It's pungent and dries into something more pungent. I hope with some age the nag champa will come out more and the neroli will mellow out.

Pungent orange blossom and whiffs of nag champa. This one is a hell of a thrower. There's almost a mentholic quality to the combination. Strange.

I just love this!  It wasn't on my radar when it first appeared, for whatever reason.  I think I've been wary of neroli in the past because it can be unpredictable and doesn't always work for me.  And nag champa, and incense in general, can be tricky too.  For some reason I got on a neroli kick recently and found a bottle here on the forum, and took a chance.  I'm so glad I went for it!

There is a wonderful balance between the sweetness of the incense, and the raspy herbal neroli.  It starts with a juicy burst of neroli followed by a cloud of nag champa.  Much later I think the neroli comes back out.  I don't think the notes really blend together, I can pick them out individually (I could be wrong).

I know I'm weird about this but certain Bpal scents just say "summer" to me and I can't wait to wear this in hot weather!  Actually it kind of reminds me of a beautiful suntan lotion (are those things of the past now?).

I'll definitely be watching the menage a trois scents now because this one just sings on me and it came along at a time when I was starting to lose some enthusiasm about wearing scents in general.  I couldn't be happier with it!

This only sort of works on me. On first application, the neroli takes on a sickening sort of sweetness and clashes horribly with the nag champa. After maybe an hour or so it dries down to something more incense-y and pleasant, but it never fully gets there. I hope aging calms it down a little. I usually like neroli. Not sure what it is about this in particular that makes it so aggressive.

I adore Nag Champa and often enjoy a good neroli because of my love for orange blossom. In this case, the Nag Champa really does smell like champaca incense to me, with powerfully high pitched florals waving in my nose. The flowers of the champaca plus the blanched white neroli forms a nimbus of scent that grows and grows on my skin. As the laws of things work, it is not a scent cloud I enjoy. That much floweriness quickly overwhelms me and even turns my stomach a bit.

This is NOT headshoppy at all! In fact, I am pretty disappointed that the classic Nag Champa is nowhere to be found. And thus, this is not the duet for me. Bright, happy, LOUD florals. See ya!

Been wearing this for two days now after finally opening it.  Really lovely and perfect for sticky hot summer days here in NYC.  In the bottle:  A smooth blend of Neroli with...something that one can't easily identify.  On, wet:  While the Neroli is the "up front" note here, it very very quickly calms down to this gorgeous sort of golden soft almost floral citrus and incense thing, and the two notes continue to meld more deeply with each other.  After a few hours of drydown, one is left with a magical veil of mellow citrus-incense skin musk that stays close to the skin but lasts a long time, once the initial "citrus burn" of the neroli calms down.  I can see myself layering this one with All the Things as well as wearing it on its own.