Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Lemongrass & Tonka

I get pure lemongrass. It's that sweet-citrus scent I associate with lemongrass. Very strong and great throw. I do not get tonka at all. To me it's like I stuck my face in a jar of lemongrass tea. I love citrus so I do enjoy this one, just wish it was more complex.

Right out of the gate, I get the lemongrass and the tonka, but the lemongrass is quick to declare dominion over everything. The throw is all lemongrass.  I have to put my nose up to my arm and inhale really deeply to get any tonka.

It's a nice, bright, peppy sort of scent, and I could see it being good for layering to brighten something up... but I probably wouldn't wear it on its own.

In the imp: My very first whiff was almost foody - why TF do I get coconut from this?? After that, though, it's mainly lemongrass, although the tonka is definitely present as well. It's not a main player, but there's something smooth and almost creamy-sweet, but not quite, rounding out the edges of the lemongrass.

Wet: Still like 80-85% lemongrass, but I do get the tonka. It takes the scent from pure, bright, citrus-y lemongrass to Lemongrass Plus. The tonka grounds it and gives it some body, and I love it!

Dry: The tonka becomes more and more prominent, although it never eclipses the lemongrass. Sweet and earthy indeed! Although, in this case, "earthy" = "herbal and citrus-y."

Lemongrass and Tonka starts out all lemongrass on me.  I can't find the tonka at all.  It's a bright, happy lemongrass that doesn't go anywhere near cleanser territory, but it really does feel like a SN lemongrass.  It takes an hour or more for the lemongrass to calm down enough for me to smell the tonka, and then -- thank you, Lunasariel, I know I'm not crazy -- I'm getting wafts of coconut along with tonka and lemongrass.  After three hours the lemongrass is almost entirely gone, and I have a soft, creamy, coconutty, vaguely tropical tonka skin scent left.

I love lemongrass and I love this.  Lemongrass is sweet, creamy, cheerful lemon and it's good and strong in this blend, with the tonka adding a little creaminess.  It reminds me of the scent of a LUSH shop and also kind of a lemony children's cereal smell, but not that sweet and more sophisticated and creamy.  Lasts about 8 hours on me, which is great for a citrusy scent.

In the bottle, I get a balanced mix of lemongrass and tonka -- lots of bright lemongrass, but the tonka's there lending a sweet earthiness to the scent. After a brief period of the lemongrass amping up on me, it settles and balances with the tonka again. It's a really pretty combination of bright, clean citrus notes and slightly earthy sweetness. Strong throw and good staying power. This reminds me a lot of a lime and tonka-based perfume Lush used to make that I really miss, so I'm glad to have snagged a bottle of this.