Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Buck Moon 2019

Buck Moon is an animalistic, deep scent: an amplification of one's natural musk coupled with forest herbs, pine pitch, cedar berries, dew-kissed juniper, deer fur, a hint of clear, warm evening air and a crystalline spark of lunar oil.

Deep furry musk, warm air, forest herbs. This one is a feral, wild, sort of musk. Very gender neutral. It smells like outside, and being doused in whiskey. Medium throw and wear length.

I have a Buck Moon 05 decant that was light, sweetly musky, a little leathery, not that strong, but very delicious. I sprang for a full bottle of this year's release, no questions.

WOW it's so much stronger. That's not a bad thing. There is a lot going on in this scent. I get juniper, fur, buckskin, something a little sweet but in a crushed wildflowers-and-herbs kind of way. I'm reminded of smells in the forest without specifically smelling individual types of trees. The musk is sexy in a, yeah, sex kind of way. I wouldn't wear this one to work! It's very outdoorsy and raw and sweet in the way that skin musks can be.

It all reminds me of something tawny in color, warm and brown. Ranger is the closest thing I can think of to this, but the RPG scent is a bright green with very obvious pine and berry notes, compared with Buck Moon where it is all about the golden-brown of the buck in his woodland realm. A really unique blend and one you should pick up if you can't do leather but want the raw sexiness of a suedey buckskin scent.