Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

High-Pitched Shriek

Furious, frantic, fainting fandom: sugar blossom, lemon peel, candied strawberry juice, and marshmallow root squirted through a sheer white musk.

In the bottle: A little bit pink, a little bit citrusy. Very light and sweet.

Wet: The lemon is stronger when wet, but it is mixed very well with the strawberry. The marshmallow root makes this very candy-like.

Dry down: This reminds me on occasion of either an orange julius, or like cereal milk in the best way. Sugary, fruity cereal milk. The musk and marshmallow root keep the lemon and strawberry juice from being too tart; the notes are always very well balanced. Occasionally the strawberry juice peeks out from the marshmallow/white musk, but it is never overpowering.

Summary: I really like this! Cereal milk is definitely what comes to mind when I wear this. No regrets in picking this up!

On wet, its mainly this soft lemon peel and strawberry, and then you get the marshmallow coming through, sweetening it considerably. This is like going from a five, and slowly turning it up to 10, and actually pushing the dial over 10, and you realized you may have broken the knob, and now you're sort of stuck inside this frenetic sugary strawberry marshmallow. If that's where you want to end up, give High-Pitched Shriek a whirl.

I'm gonna go try and get myself unstuck now.

Wet: Sugary sweet lemon peel, and something gently floral. The sugar blossom, perhaps? (Also.. what is sugar blossom? The only description or definition I get when I Google it is uh... ahem. Interesting.)

Dry: There's some kind of sugary, sweet lemon-strawberry tango going on, with marshmallow root coming up the rear. None of the floral from the wet stage seems to be present anymore, which I'm not really shocked at; the overall sweetness of the scent is front and center.

I am SO stoked on this. I would say if you're into sweet scents, try this! I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Testing High Pitched Shriek blind, my conclusion was citrusy marshmallow and some kind of floaty floral (sugar blossom?).  I never would have chosen this because strawberry goes tragically awry on my skin, but it's not objectionable here; it adds a bright pink color and a little tartness to the general sugar rush of this scent.  If sunny, fruity, girlish marshmallow scents are your jam, you are going to love this one!  It's too ingenue for me, but I am SUPER grateful to the fabulous forumite who let me try this!

i absolutely love High Pitched Shriek so much, it’s very much like a plastic doll head / Strawberry Shortcake smell on me, and i LOVE that. it’s a really summery feeling scent for me and it makes me so happy 💛

This is lovely.

It reminds me of Breakfast, or Something but better with the lemon peel and marshmallow.

Gives it more depth complexity than BOS. I get more of the lemon peel than than the rest as i tend to amp anything lemon.

But i do get the creaminess/cereal that i got from the BOS. And the white musk adds a nice touch.

I don't get a lot of the strawberry i think is more blended in with the creamy cereal scent.

This lasts longer on me than BOS likely cause of the lemon peel and marshmallow. Over all for me this is a big hit!