Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Dee Beard Oil

His scent is soft English leather, rosewood and tonka with a hint of incense, parchment and soft woods.

Edited by zankoku_zen

I know it’s meant for beards, but I use a small amount of the oil to tame the many flyaways in my hair. Dee smells very true to the perfume, which is one of my absolute favorites. A bit lighter on the scent, of course, but it’s definitely Dee!

A soft and elegant beard oil that can be paired with virtually any other fragrance.

Nothing about this oil is harsh. Nothing tries to overpower the other with what I can consider a perfect blending. The leather keeps it rather masculine while the rosewood and tonka keep it a bit lighter and playful. Then the incense with the parchment and soft woods rounds this beard oil out with a classical degree of distinguishment.

A great scent to wear to bed or when you need something subtle to help condition the beard but no overpower any other fragrance that may be applied to the skin. I find myself wearing this a lot.

I appreciate that the scent of this is light. Rosewood is one of the main notes on my beard as it is on my skin, but it's very mellow on my beard in the form of beard oil. This has the impression of a private library or a music room for me (rosewood reminds me of music rooms because one of the baroque recorders that I learned on was rosewood). 

This is good for pairing with other wood scents (it's playing really nicely with Bits of Birnam Wood), but I could see it being overwhelmed by a lot of other scents, and not clashing with too much.

It's not my favorite BPAL beard oil, but I'm happy to add it to my collection and to have it for pairing with things it is particularly harmonious with or on days when I want something very lightly scented.