O spirit of love! how quick and fresh art thou,
That, notwithstanding thy capacity
Receiveth as the sea, nought enters there,
Of what validity and pitch soe’er,
But falls into abatement and low price,
Even in a minute: so full of shapes is fancy
That it alone is high fantastical.

— Orsino

Effervescent rose chypre and bourbon vanilla.

Powdery pink rose, vanilla chypre. Honestly, this is a vanilla-rose powder. Sweetly feminine. Like just came out of a bath. Floral, feminine, flirty. Great throw and wear length.

This is beautiful. I'm not sure if anyone else gets this but, this is the pink rose that burns my sinuses when I inhale too deeply, lol. I still love the scent. The chypre is there, under the rose and I'm sure the vanilla is there, smoothing things out but I can't pick it out. Very lovely.

Simple and pretty rose and vanilla combo. The chypre is also there and, along with the rose, a little more prominent than the vanilla -- it gives the scent a sort of shimmering, effervescent quality. The rose does go a little bit powdery on me, as rose tends to do, but the bourbon vanilla balances it out. The throw is subtle, but it has great wear length. If you liked the smell of TAL Enchantment and Rose-Tinted Mirror, you might also like this.

Yes, very bright and clean. Fresh from the Lab the chypre ("family of frags built on a base consisting of bergamot, oakmoss, and labdanum") is pretty strong, mostly the mossy part. Chypre kinda reads like the mossy cousin to fougere (which is more fern). This reminds me a lot of the fancy fougere soap by Roger & Gallet, which I like quite a bit. This perfume has a stronger waft, of course, but it does have a fancy soap vibe. I definitely get more fougere soap than rose soap. There's maybe some vanilla back there, but it is almost discordant with the mossy soap vibe. I feel like my grandfather had a cologne that was similar to this because it reminds me of him.

I can see a gentile type man wearing this or a forest maiden. Actually yeah! This kind of reminds me of Moss Maiden by Alkemia, but I like this better. I can't really think of a BPAL to compare it to, maybe Bayou? I 'unno. It feels like it transports you to a different day and age, almost like opening a vintage bottle of cologne but when it was fresh and brand new like 'ahh, so that's what it's supposed to smelled like'.

You kinda have to love chypres or fougeres to enjoy this one. The bright soapy moss is strong throughout the wear. I think it will layer well with rose heavy blends, and I look forward to see how it ages. I was hoping for more vanilla and rose, so I'm hoping they will join the dance a little later. 

Edited by RoseThornAndOak