Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Ina Garten Davita

CHESHIRE CAT v1

I have the prototype on one hand, and the released version on the other.

You can tell that Cheshire Cat v1 is related to the released version of Cheshire Cat, but they are different scents. Cheshire Cat v1 is far fruitier and more vibrant than the released version, like the cat that suddenly pops up to greet you with curious things to say. They both share grapefruit notes, but the grapefruit in this prototype is a different variety from that found in the released scent. It also features some sort of tropical fruit (I keep thinking guava, but I'm not sure if that's right), and waaaaay more red currant than the final scent. So it's a bright, fruity party on the skin. The way that it really differs from the released version is that this absolutely does not contain the lavender or dark musk. So if you were ever like, "Aww man, I want to try Cheshire Cat, but without that dark musk and those pesky florals," this prototype may be for you.

I do not like this as much as the released version, because I love the lavender and the mysterious quality that the musk provides, and I tend to amp currant (so this having more of it is not a good thing for me). There are times where I think this smells nice on me, and other times where I think the red currant (or maybe it's cranberry???) is combining with something and becoming so strong that it borders on medicinal on me (kind of like a lozenge). So I am not sure if it is a keeper just yet, but it sure was fun to try and compare the two! :)

Edited by doomsday_disco

I only have the unreleased prototype of Cheshire Cat as I am allergic to lavender, but here are my thoughts. In the bottle: A light citrus-y scent that might be grapefruit, but everything else I have with grapefruit also has lime so I'm not certain. And definitely some red currant as well. Wet on skin: Very citrus! But smells more like yuzu or pomelo to me than grapefruit. But again, I don't really have any others to compare it to. Drying: The citrus started fading pretty quickly and it started to smell like cotton candy. (?) Something weird going with my skin chemistry I guess, but I'm digging it (=   The more it dried, the more the citrus was overpowered by the cotton candy smell and also it started to smell like some kind of fruit that is definitely not red currant. I think doomsday_disco is onto something with the guava idea. I checked a single note fragrance oil I have of guava and it was basically what I was smelling. Except combined with cotton candy. Not what I was expecting, but I love the heck out of it!