Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

FORMULA SGHAN3: Birthday Cake

This delivers on its promise. It’s sugary buttercream frosted cake. It’s elegant though, as I’d expect with BPAL. Good wear time and medium- to low-throw on me. Doesn’t morph much once on, just fades. I love it. 

I got a totally different reaction than the poster above me.

In the bottle this was pure vanilla frosting.  Wet it is a very sweet, complex vanilla, with an almost floral undertone to it.  Nothing at all like cake, but very good. Dry, not at all like I’d expected, I never got cake, and while it was definitely a sweet vanilla, it wasn’t especially foody.  It doesn’t smell anything like Zorya P, but reminds me of it - that soft vanilla and white flowers thing. Except this is a sweet vanilla, not like icing, but definitely sugared, and the white flowers are … damn, I need better words.  Intense? Not strong, but like if ZP’s flowers would be the soft spoken girl at the dance, these flowers are the mysterious woman in the corner you can’t take your eyes off of. I may need another bottle of this one! I just can’t get over how good it is. Decent throw and has lasted most of the day.

I get sugary store-bought frosting (those ones in the small, plastic tubs in the baking aisle): not buttercream frosting, and not cream cheese frosting. I also get a floral undertone to this, but not any actual cake note. Unlike the previous poster, I don't get much throw from this. (But I live in a super dry climate.)

Not bad, but also, definitely not Birthday Cake. There are other frosting and cake scents that I enjoy and would reach for more than this, so while it is nice (the best of the protos I have tried so far), I don't think I can justify holding onto it when it doesn't produce a "OMG THIS IS SO AMAZING" reaction in me.

Edited by doomsday_disco

I agree completely with Doomesdaydisco, and in fact, Shante You Stay and I had just discussed on Friday that this was a perfect KIDS birthday cake frosting scent, as it had the tang to the frosting that I remember from canned frosting in my childhood. Which is what kids like... my cousin used to invite me to have sleep overs at her house, and one thing we did was make boxed cakes and frost them with canned Betty Crocker frosting and the scent reminds me of those cozy summer parties. 

All throughout the day I get pleasant little clouds of frosting around me and that is lovely. However, I wanted gluten. :)  

Edited by Missanneshirleyofgg

I am going to test this again, but I end up in jensdays camp. This come across related to Zorya P indeed. Stronger florals (but NOT screechy white florals that give me a headache) with a cream cheese, strongly vanilla frosting taking the place of the sheer vanilla from Zorya P. It is a pleasant, but I think I would like it better if the frosting read as buttercream frosting, so it did not have the cream cheese tang. 

I like, but do not LOVE this, so I am undecided if it will stay. Another test will hopefully clear this up.

Sugary store bought white frosting AND white cake. This smells like you baked a funfetti cake and smeared it in that Betty Crocker white frosting that comes in a tub, and smashed yourself in there as if you were a 1 year old celebrating your birthday and are more interested in using the cake as body lotion than actually eating it. Vanilla sugary white frosting in all of its sugary artificial glory. Medium throw and wear length on me.

DAMN, now I want some funfetti cake.

Wet: Zorya P + frosting. Zorya Phrosting. Definitely not a straight birthday cake scent; there's a floral note peeking through the frosting.

Dry: This is still Zorya Phrosting on me. Lots of frosting, a little Zorya P.

This was.. unexpected, but also awesome as both a lover of Zorya P and foodie scents! :cheer: 

This is just a sweet vanilla birthday cake, plain and simple. The frosting resembles cream cheese to me. The vanilla does not get play-doh on me. It's more frosting heavy than the cake. The description is no joke: super sugary! 

Simple but really good if you love the frosting part of cakes more than the cake itself.

I really like this one. Starts off exactly like cake and vanilla frosting, but after 10 minutes the cakieness is gone, and it smells very much like MB:Underpants. Getting a backup bottle 😊

I can't be the only one to see the similarities between Antique Lace 2017 and Formula Sghan3. This is like they poured out Antique Lace and Formulated a super sugar almost tooth achingly sweet icing and white cake. There's almost no butter note, so the icing reads like canned Pillsbury icing. It kind of has the children's birthday party cake smell. This is specifically white cake which smells light and fluffy, almost like white musk. It's gorgeous, I absolutely love this one.