Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

FORMULA FFSK7: Strawberries and Motor Oil

So Kaylee is my faves, and despite the fact that tea roses is SOLIDLY a death note, I got her anyway. 

Fresh it is all the strawberry juice- not candy strawberries, not fresh strawberries, definitely strawberry juice.

On dry down (still fairly early dry down - if it changes I’ll update) it is a fairly balanced blend of slightly sweetened strawberry/strawberry juice, tea roses and cream. Strongest to least strong in that order. I get no motor oil. This is very pink- which makes sense from her tiered pink dress, and extremely girly. I generally amp tea roses but it is behaving pretty well, so this may actually be wearable for me (normally it amps like crazy and gives me a migraine).

So if you like some fruit and roses with a little cream mixed it, definitely worth the pick up. I can see her wearing this with her dress, so in that sense it is spot on.

In the decant: Tons of strawberry, with a drop of motor oil in the background if you inhale really deeply.

On my skin: Deceitfuldescender is right: the strawberry in this smells like strawberry juice. In the background, I do get some motor oil and a hint of the cream. The tea rose note ends up emerging later, adding a tart quality to the scent to cut the sweetness of the strawberry without managing to overtake it. It ends up being mostly strawberry and tea rose with a little bit of cream after a few hours of wear.

Strawberry perfumes are not my thing, but I wanted to try this to see if it was like Unreleased Scent 15 (another Firefly prototype that I thought might be a Kaylee perfume), and I was curious about the motor oil. It is not like Unreleased Scent 15, and the motor oil is not a main player here. This is definitely one for the strawberry lovers. It was nice to get a chance to try it, though! :)

Edited by doomsday_disco

Fresh strawberries, a whiff of both rose and motor oil. This is sweet candy strawberries, with a touch of rose to make it feminine, and a shimmer of motor oil to keep it real. Good throw and wear length.

Wet: Fresh, sweet, juicy strawberries! 

Dry: The scent remains very much true to the wet stage. No cream, no motor oil. There is the faintest hint of the tea rose, but this is very much a strawberry-forward scent.

If you enjoy the Strawberry Moons, I expect you'd enjoy this as well! 

Strawberry jam and lots of roses. I'm actually not getting any motor oil, which could be a good or bad thing depending on how much you wanted that note to appear. As it fades, it's mostly a rose scent with a little bit of the jam. The strawberry note in here reminds me of Rope Pulley!

Even without the motor oil, I really like this. I wish the strawberry stayed around a little longer than the roses though.

I agree with donkehpoo, this reminds me a lot of Strawberry Moons. I didn't smell rose until I read the description. Everything else is so light, it just balances the strawberry so it's not too candyish.

The strawberry collector in me wants to keep this, but my nose doesn't feel this is unique enough. I'll test this out a few more times.