Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Ina Garten Davita

FORMULA FFSS8: Spaceship

This one on me, like a UFO, only appeared in flits and was almost invisible.  I got a sort of citrus vapor that flickered in and out of being detectable, and at the end of the day had settled against my skin as the faintest sweet skin citrus.

White eucalyptus, faint citrus, clean ozone. It's more delicate than I was expecting. Taking big breaths of it, it does have an oxygenated-air sensation similar to menthol. When it dries, there's a bit of skin musk. Maybe if I really stretch for it I can make out the metal and a brief flash of "brown" which might be the exhaust.

I don't get much of the industrial notes I was desperately hoping for here (leather, metal, rust, diesel). Fully dry, it's mostly ozone and air -- that kind of light aquatic, mildly floral sort that reminds me of (pretty) laundry soap or dryer sheets. A little bit of musk. Meh. Liftoff, letdown. Mission aborted.

If you like airy, clean-linen smells with just a bare hint of grit/musk, this might be your jam. I need this to be much grittier to consider it a keeper. 

Edited by supreme_c0rt

I don't have much to add here after supreme_c0rt's review. The eucalyptus is present for sure. It's a soft variety, but definitely the dominant note on me. Behind that, I get this cologne-y note that is probably the chrome, with perhaps a bit of musk and ozone. It's very refreshing and airy. I did not get any diesel or rusty metal from this at all. It makes me think it would be better suited as a space scent rather than a spaceship scent, due to the airiness and the absence of the darker notes.

I think it's nice and would pair really well with Juniper and White Mint HG, but I also know it's not something I would really reach for enough to justify obtaining more of it. It was really nice to get to try it, though. :)

Edited by doomsday_disco

I am reconstructing these from my notes, because I tested them while I was decanting them.
Ozone, metal, and fresh and airy fougere. This smelled clean. Good throw and wear length.