Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

FORMULA FFSZ1: First Mate

So his starts out with a sort of disjointed state of a strong musk and a creamy but off coconut. However the dry down is quite different and very lovely.

It comes out as a mildly (not foody) sweetened coconut with a very calm and supportive musk and just a very small hint of ginger and tea. It is very sedate and calming and has low throw and would be a nice but unique office scent. I have nothing like it and am happy to add it to my collection.

This is a nice, unique blend that I doubt anyone would regret snagging.

edit to add- it seems to fade very quickly so I may regret only having one bottle.

Edited by Deceitfuldescender
Adding info

Coconut, followed by ginger, with a little bit of tea in the background. More of a beachy coconut and the ginger is present, but playing a supporting role. Pretty tropical with that ginger zing to it. One of my new favorite coconut scents.

Is it just me or anyone else smells lemon? I wouldn’t detect ginger or coconut if I didn’t know they were in there. To me this is a feminine Dorian. I really like it! 

On me, this is TEA. Tea tea tea tea tea ... and then a hint of gingery coconut, with the musk somewhere in the depths, quietly holding things up. As it dries it rounds itself out a little, and turns into something smooth and close to the skin. Not exactly my jam, but I can see it being quite beloved.

Coconut, white tea and a whiff of musk. This is for all of you coconut lovers out there. Smells like a fresh coconut.

Ooooh I love this. Something (probably the ginger) is reminding me of Tamamo No Mae, which is one of my favorite scents. I get a lot of the white ginger flower and tea, with a good whiff of musk and a hint of fresh coconut. I'm so glad I got this one! 

This blends starts as nothing but green tea on me.

I can detect a light ginger and a bit of a nice coconut in there too.

During drydown, the tea note mellows down a lot and gives the coconut room to grow.

The ginger isn't spicy at all but is more of a white ginger flower - white, clean and pretty.

This doesn't read as suntan lotion at all. It is not overly sweet or artificial.

The tea and ginger remind me a lot of White Rabbit, but it's more of a green tea than a black tea in First Mate, and you have the coconut instead of the cream and linen.

It's also close to the lemon tea note in Dorian if you only focus on the lightness of if.

The coconut note is fresh and closer to coconut meat or coconut water than a sugary coconut bar or candy.

It is a very light, pretty and ethereal blend.

Since the musk is not very prominent here, I can imagine this as a scent I wear when I don't feel like making a bold statement or to layer it with another blend that has a more complex sweet element (for example, honey, a resin, or vanilla).

To me this is a tea with a gingery citrus tang. White coconut is a solid middle note and white musk wafts around gorgeously in the background. Very refreshing and envigorating. A good summer scent.