Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Yessss, this is just the sort of scent I like. It's a touch foodie, a touch tropical, a touch aquatic. Just right. The salt keeps this from being too sweet, the coconut note is dry and sun-baked, and the almond milk is gently creamy. Throw is pretty potent, and longevity is 👍. This one's a winner in my book.

If you're curious how this compares to Obatala, as I was, know that it is similar. To me, it's the same coconut. Kamau is saltier and more restrained. The smell of warm skin after a beach trip. Tanning lotion, sun, salt. Obatala is much creamier and maybe a touch sweeter. Testing side by side, I can really smell the difference and how much creamier Obatala is. I think I prefer that kind of creaminess. Kamau, while lovely, is a bit simpler and a bit more commercial (I've had this scent in various commercially available lotions/oils). So I don't think I'll need an upgrade.

This would be a great "my skin but better" smell. It rewards closeness.  

Edited by supreme_c0rt

Creamy almond milk and beachy coconut. On me, the scent is an equal mix of both, with an extra, slightly spicy musk in the back, which I think is the skin musk part. On the soft side and low throw. As a coconut lover, I like it, but I'm not sure I love it.

Creamy and salty almond and coconut. This smells like salt-crusted suntan lotion. As if you had been at the beach all day covered in Hawaiian Tropic. Good throw and wear length.

Kamau Kogo starts off so salty on me that it could have been mistaken for an aquatic. The salty skin musk is the star of the show throughout wear, with the coconut husk being the second most prominent note. The almond milk is not a main player on me, but I think it, along with the coconut husk, helps to sweeten up the scent after a while.

I agree that this is one of those your-skin-but-better scents... which aren't really my thing, but if you want to smell like salty, coconut-y skin musk, Kamau Kogo is your girl!

Since Obatala is a favorite I thought for sure this would be right up my alley.  It leans too aquatic for me though.  I find Obatala to be much sweeter and more fresh smelling.  This was a good test though in that it helped me further determine which notes and types of scents work for me.  This did smell exactly like a salty, coco nutty day at the beach, but alas, too much salt for me....this felt more like sweaty chasing after the kids all day while Obatala feels more like lounging in glorious solitude on a boat 🤷‍♀️