Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Ina Garten Davita

Big Bertha's Big Molasses Muffins

There’s no muffin like BIG BERTHA’S. Molasses and orange make these muffins sweet, indulgent, and a little spicy, just like your grandma.

Orange and spice muffins. This smells comforting and chewy. Very cozy. Low throw, average wear length on me.

Delicious! Started out extremely foody, but relaxed into a quiet, spicy molasses that seems musky. I didn't get any orange, which surprised me.  I agree this is a cozy blend. I like it a lot. Possible bottle. 

Straight molasses cookies on me. Very foodie, slightly buttery and the sugar is balanced out nicely by the spice of the molasses.

Foodie, chewy, spicy molasses cookies. I don't really get any orange, and this reminds me a lot of Gingerbread Poppet. Very delicious, but since I have a bottle of Poppet, I probably don't need another delicious spiced baked goods scent.

THIS IS SO GOOD.

Big Bertha's Big Molasses Muffins smells like actual muffins. Like, it has that muffin texture to it, and when I smell it, I can actually envision a buttery muffin top waiting to be torn off and devoured to reveal more muffiny goodness underneath. The molasses is the star here, but I do get the orange, too, as if these molasses muffins were infused with orange zest. The spice isn't overwhelming here, so if you're like me, and you have sensitive skin, you don't have to worry about this burning. It's not a heavily-spiced muffin scent.

Sadly, the scent stays rather close to the skin after a few hours of wear. I have to put my nose right against my arm by that point in order to smell it, and by then, it is mainly molasses. So this is one that would probably need to be reapplied in order to bask in its glorious muffiny goodness.

Pretty sure I need more of this. I can see this being a wonderful fall scent!

Edited by doomsday_disco

This was a spicy muffin scent when I first got it. But as it’s aged it’s now a spicy molasses scent and that’s all. It’s almost a molasses single note. Decent staying power but not super special.