Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Wildflower Honey and Patchouli

This is gorgeous! When it first arrived I tried it fresh from the mail, and the honey dominated. After a week to rest, it's the most lovely sweet honey but with the patchouli blending underneath. Doesn't morph on my skin, just remains a beautiful light honey patchouli with good lasting power. It's reminiscent of a light version of Zoe and the Goat, if that makes sense. 

In the bottle: The same wildflower honey note that consistently makes my eyes roll back in my head (in a good way). 

On my skin:

Wet, it's immediately all wildflower honey, then immediately all patchouli as it begins to dry. As it dries, however, they balance so that the patchouli is a firm grounding note to showcase the wildflower honey. After that, it doesn't really morph on me (which is totally fine). 

I love all the blends I've tried with wildflower honey, but this is strikingly beautiful in its simplicity. 

This honey is the same type that the Lab seems to be using lately and its lush and rich. There's a bit of patchouli at the bottom, but mainly this is a rich honey.

This is definitely a lighter, sweeter honey than some old favorites (such as O), but for this got, steamy summer, I find that I'm immediately pleased. As others mentioned, in the bottle it is this note that dominates. On the skin, the scent blooms, and the honey is still top dog, but had morphed from a liquid-y "orange blossom bear" honey to a gorgeous honey dust. The patch is almost nonexistent, but I have enough aged patchouli that I will happily layer some with this to get a different effect if desired. In the meantime, this is a lovely, rich summer scent, sexy enough for evening but holding its own enough that I'd wear it to the beach as well.

This has one of the nicest honey notes I've ever smelled in my life - floral, but thickly sweet and creamy, and the patchouli is like black, wet earth.  It's a dark, wild honey that reminds me of blends like Possets' Sex Juice and Poesie Perfumes' Honey Honey and Wild.  It's incredibly sensual and I love the earthiness mixed with the sweetness.

This starts off strong on the wildflower honey, and it reigns for several hours, although the black patchouli is right up there with it by the end of the day. I believe this is the same honey note found in C%^T, so if you would like to try something like that, but without the lavender and plumeria, this would be a good bet.

I think this is a nice floral honey, but I know I wouldn't reach for it over other honeys in my collection.

Wildflower honey, check.  And a really nice honey note, not cloying, golden and summery.  But patchouli?  Patchouli??  Where are you, patch?  I have to agree with VioletChaos that the patch is almost nonexistent.